Food Scale that Syncs to your computer?

Options
I just purchased a food scale that also tells me the nutritional information if i put in a code.
While testing it out I realized a lot of the food I wanted to weigh would not be in this scale. Or would have different nutritional values.
I think all and all the built in values will be beneficial for things like fruits, vegetables or meat but it would be even better if I had a scale I could hook up to a computer or other electronic device.

For example I could weigh my food and have the nutritional information automatically populate into my tracking chart. Or for those pesky store bought items I could use a scanner to get the nutritional value.

This is wishful thinking. The only thing that comes close to this appears to be the fitbit products but they do not have a food scale.
I'm good at writing things down while tracking my progress but I can never seem to get the information in one place. Even putting things into my phone takes to long for me.

Replies

• Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Great idea. Not sure if any manufacturer might be interested in doing this as it would make a kitchen scale very expensive. You might want to suggest this to Fitbit and see if they would take it on!
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Brilliant!