Encouragement for smaller people

Options
I wish more people on here would congratulate me on my loss or burn of calories.
Just because it is not significant to you, it can be to someone else. Yes, I am losing slow, but then again there are only 6kg to lose for me still until I am reaching my goal. If you are not super overweight in the beginning, losing is harder and can be really, really slow.
I want a "Yay" or "You're doing good!" from time to time too, because I won't ever lose 200cals for a few minutes of walking, just because I am not that big. Ok?
But I still deserve some encouragement, because I am working hard on losing, too.

I'm sorry, this probably sounds like a lot of whining to some of you. But not getting feedback makes it hard at times where you want to bang your head into a wall because you have only lost 100grams this week again.

Replies

• Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I can understand that. Bigger people (esp. in the forums) can fluff off calorie burns that are only ~200 cals or so. They don't get that when you're "fun size" that's actually a nice little dip into your deficit, which for us tends to be small out of necessity. I mean, we can't starve! :wink:

Just keep going, sweetie... :flowerforyou:
  • mdeveau81
    mdeveau81 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Trust me, I hear you! The less you have to lose, the more of a challenge it becomes. Especially when people tell you " You want to lose more? You don't need to!" I appreciate people trying to be supportive, and I think some may be concerned about things like eating disorders. But at this point it's about health and strength, so please continue to support instead of encourage to give up! I have no desire to be a stick figure, I love my curves, but I want to be tighter and leaner in a healthy way :)

So Aninika, good for you! You're doing a great job, keep up the good work!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Get better/more friends on your list? I NEVER congratulate people on their burns. Never have unless it is something I find amazing.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'm small and I get plenty of good feedback, maybe you just don't have a lot of active friends?

But I mean if you're small, it should be easier for you to do more intensive works outs that lead to a higher calorie burn.

It's all about pushing yourself to be in better shape.

Perhaps I misunderstood your post tho. Or there is a reason you can't do more intensive exercise.

But I mean I am 113-115 and I can burn upwards of 800 calories in a workout session. Normally I burn closer to 3 or 4 hundred but it wouldn't ever happen by walking.

But I agree that it gets kind of annoying when you get to the end and are losing like .2 pounds a week.
  • fullofhope76
    Options
    You should add more friends. Having a broader friend base means that you have a better chance at finding someone who comments on the things you do. I have a hard time doing that. We are all here for the same thing. If you lose weight I always comment, but if you are just burning calories I won't always comment because that is what you are supposed to be doing.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hey .. Let's be friends! I'm just like you! I'm not a big person .. I just need to drop a few pounds. I quit smoking in Aug .. gained 15 lbs by September and decided .. OH NO I don't! LOL

I'm still within my normal weight range .. but for me .. I can't afford to go out and buy bigger jeans just because I gained a few extra pounds. I only walk right now until I can afford the gym .. saving up money to buy a 2 year membership upfront (cheaper than the pay as you go monthly fee)

I'll send you a Friend Request :flowerforyou: