Favorite NSV?

Options

Replies

• pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    A woman I used to work with but hadn't seen in years just joined the boot camp class I attend. When I said hi to her, she did a visible double take since I'm 40 lbs lighter than I was back then & now I'm only a pesky 10 lbs from my goal weight. She didn't say anything, but that's OK. I don't need verbal praise, lol (love it, though...never get tired of people complimenting me!)
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Not sure it is my favorite but since it is early for me. I can put my bra on again behind my back, no more pulling it over my head.
  • alvaradoelias
    Options
    I totally get the collarbone thing, haha.

I had an awesome NSV this afternoon. I ran a total of 2.5 consecutive miles in about 20 minutes. When I first started running (in a group fitness course), the instructor had us run, walk, and sprint for 30 minutes, so I learned and got used to doing it this way. At the gym, I usually run for 4 minutes, then walk or jog for 2, and so on. Today, just to test myself, I decided to run on the treadmill until I could no longer stop. 20 minutes later I was out of energy and absolutely exhausted, but also baffled and elated at my progress! A year ago I was winded after walking up a flight of stairs, so to me this was a wonderful experience.

I love reading all these NSVs, Cool thread, keep 'em coming!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    my fiance keeps hugging me with one arm around my waist and always tells me that he loves my small waist :)
    when we go te bed sometimes he would ask (well he does it wothout asking as well) "do you want me to hug you on the tiniest part of your body?" i totally love that :)

I totally love this one....tiniest part of your body...so sweet!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Options
    I want more people!!! give me some more NSV or SV for that matter, whatever is making you feel good.

Here is what my bf told me yesterday, I was scolding him for picking me up with his back hurting, he looked at me funny and said "You weigh nothing, I pick up lots heavier things than you every day." Me? nothing.... LOVE THAT
  • alofay
    alofay Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    When I was able to close the lid on the tanning bed!
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    My butt doesn't replicate the Hoover Dam in the bathtub anymore. THAT is a good feeling! Lol
  • Ajasper83
    Ajasper83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Not sure it is my favorite but since it is early for me. I can put my bra on again behind my back, no more pulling it over my head.

I know what you mean! It feels nice to be able to snap it together from behind and not have to twist/pull it over.
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    This morning as I was cleaningoutmy closet moving out stuff that has gotten toobig I decided to try on my "goal" pants.

I brought these pants as part of a suit from United Colors of Benneton more than 6 years ago. They never fit but I liked them and they were on sale. I figured I would lose the weight and they would fit. Fast forward 6 or 7 years of them NEVER fitting (have been close a few times but not close enough to actually wear them) - this morning they fit!!

Of course, now they are dated and out of stye and the matching suit jacket is way too big! But who cares? They fit! (I don't actually have to wear them)

A bigger NSV - i don't think of myself as fat anymore. I am normal sized! I am not a big girl. I run with my marathon training group and don't stick out. I don't assume I will be the biggest girl at the bar or that no guy would want to date me. These are huge nsv's for me. I haven't lost that much in pounds but I have lost tons in low self esteem self hatred.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    This past w/e I ran into a friend I haven't seen in a cpl mos. She was smiling and kept saying OMG look at you, you...you...
    I gladly "finished' the sentence for her, "lost weight? yes and I shared with her how much I had lost". She told me I looked good; tht was a GR8T NSV for me :)
  • capt_nat
    Options
    My best one so far was realizing that not only can I now fit in a size smaller pair of jeans but now I can also get them off without unbuttoning them. Also, over the years the most I've ever been able to shift has been half a stone so cracking a stone felt amazing and finally like it is real and I might be able to get to my goal weight for once.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Options
    This morning as I was cleaningoutmy closet moving out stuff that has gotten toobig I decided to try on my "goal" pants.

I brought these pants as part of a suit from United Colors of Benneton more than 6 years ago. They never fit but I liked them and they were on sale. I figured I would lose the weight and they would fit. Fast forward 6 or 7 years of them NEVER fitting (have been close a few times but not close enough to actually wear them) - this morning they fit!!

Of course, now they are dated and out of stye and the matching suit jacket is way too big! But who cares? They fit! (I don't actually have to wear them)

A bigger NSV - i don't think of myself as fat anymore. I am normal sized! I am not a big girl. I run with my marathon training group and don't stick out. I don't assume I will be the biggest girl at the bar or that no guy would want to date me. These are huge nsv's for me. I haven't lost that much in pounds but I have lost tons in low self esteem self hatred.

Aw I love this one...normal sized!! you go girl! and I so totally do that, I've cruised through a few pairs of goal pants and blew past sizes I used to wear when I was 20lbs lighter than I am now...I LOVE lifting weights, its done amazing things...

I want more!! I'm loving these positive posts...greedy aren't I?
  • cazzy1897
    cazzy1897 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic thread!! Congrats to all of you on your NSV's.

My favorite (well I have two hehe) is when my little girl hugs me and says "Mommy I can lock my hands around you". Another is seeing people who haven't seen me in a while and they introduce themselves all over again because they don't recognize me.
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I can jog a lot farther than I used to. :)

Plan on jogging/running my entire first 5k in March. And it has obstacles! :D
  • tammyopolin
    tammyopolin Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love reading about NSVs. Sometimes I get a little too obsessed with the number on the scale, but then I have an awesome NSV and realize I'm still making progress.

One of my biggest NSVs so far is probably the fact that I don't have to shop in the Plus section anymore. Out of habit, that's still my first stop and then I realize that everything is too big for me now. I went to Lane Bryant with a friend of mine the other day and the only stuff I could look at was jewelry and shoes lol. It was fantastic.
  • Rosytakesoff
    Options
    I walked around on Saturday for four hours window shopping with my slim friend and never once got tired or winded or had to sit down because my feet were killing me.

My blood pressure was 99/68 the other day at the doctor's office after years of being high. I'm not terrifed to step on the scale in front of the nurse anymore.

I was able to buy a stylish winter coat for the first time in almost 20 years and I didn't have to pay a small fortune for it. I can find clothing at almost any store that fits and looks good.--including the thrift store.

SV: I've lost the equivalent of five (!) pugs--125lbs.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Options

SV: I've lost the equivalent of five (!) pugs--125lbs.

ahahahahahahah!!!! that is hysterical, though I doubt my pug would be amuzed. just saying. I've almost lost two pugs...heeheheh.
  • Lydvicious
    Options
    My favorite NSV is my favorite khaki shorts fit again!
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I love reading all these - well done, everyone! I still love that the winter jacket I bought a year ago in the sales which I couldn't zip up because it was too small (I bought it in the desperate hope it would help motivate me to lose weight) is actually too loose on me with a fleece jacket on underneath!! Everytime I wear it it makes me happy :)
  • okredneckangel
    Options
    Mine and my walking partner in crime AMYINOK88 had our first NSV Wednesday. We were doing our normal walk around the block of our company we work for. It's kind of a industrial area so there are several different companies in the same area. Well while we were walking we were coming up to our stop sign where we turn around and a guy from one of the companies across the street slowed down to joke with us telling us our shoes were untied, and said sike. She looked down of course, me having brothers I don't fall for it. He was soooo cute.

As we were on our last lap a totally different guy pulled up beside us to say "hey i left earlier and you guys were walking is this lap 2" we were on lap 3.

Our day was made!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!