Net Calories

How many net calories should one be aiming for a day if wanting to lose a pound a week?

5ft 5 - 133 pounds.

Thanks

Replies

• kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    What's your lifestyle like? desk job? very Active?
  • I have a normal desk job but i am very active out of work - i cycle to and from work (11mile round trip, a lot uphill) and i lift or do cardio 5/6 times a week.

I waitress part time (a few times a month) and also work in a supermarket part time stacking shelves (16 hours a week).

Thanks in advance,
  • kellicci
    Okay so you take your BMR 1359 and multiply that time your activity monitor I'd say you're at least moderatly active if not Very active but I like to error on the low side. So your TDEE should be 2106 to 2344. So if you eat 20% less than that which is 1684- 1875 every day you should lose. A pound equals 3500 calories so you need to burn 3500 more than you take in. When I do that math onm oderate activity I get 1600 calories a day. I'd start at 1700 and see if that works if not drop it a bit but not below 1350.
  • pqotd
    pqotd Posts: 3
    Hi Fellow Fitness Pals!

I've just joined this website on Monday and filled in the numbers about my height/weight, what my ideal weight it etc etc the lovely virtual fitness guru tells me I need to consume 1200 per day to achieve my results (i'm 37 female).

I got my hubby to join and he's also been told by the virtual fitness guru that he needs to be eating 1200 calories per day! (he's 41)

Finally my skinny lil fit cousin has also been told the same thing; 1200 calories per day!

Is this virtual fitness guru a load of b/s? Have any of you been given more than 1200 calories per day to be consumed?

Thanks!!!
  • kellicci
    Hi Fellow Fitness Pals!

I've just joined this website on Monday and filled in the numbers about my height/weight, what my ideal weight it etc etc the lovely virtual fitness guru tells me I need to consume 1200 per day to achieve my results (i'm 37 female).

I got my hubby to join and he's also been told by the virtual fitness guru that he needs to be eating 1200 calories per day! (he's 41)

Finally my skinny lil fit cousin has also been told the same thing; 1200 calories per day!

Is this virtual fitness guru a load of b/s? Have any of you been given more than 1200 calories per day to be consumed?

Thanks!!!

If you all are saying you want to lose 2 pounds a week and have less than 20 to lose thatmay be why. 1200 is the least it can give you and when you don't have a lot to lose you can't get to a 7000 calorie deficit safely so it just gives you the minimum.

If you post your hieght weight age and activity level I'll try to walk you through what a good plan might be for you...I'm not an expert I've just seen it a hundered time now. =)
  • pqotd
    pqotd Posts: 3
    Thanks for the reassurance.....

Okay my vitals!!

age - 37 (female)

Height - 5'0"

Weight - 9 stone

Ideal weight - 8 stone (but I think 8 1/4 is - 8 1/2 is also fine)

i'm aiming to do 35 mins of cardio 4 times per week and also weights.

I've been eating 1200 calories since Monday and working out as planned but no weight loss so far - but i've been told not to worry about that and it will happen if I maintain how i'm eating along with exercise.