Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

To all of you who have the "apron" tummy- NSV

First of all, I know how it feels. To have this heavy flap of fat laying down, slapping the legs when you try to run. Looking down and seeing the big bump of fat just dormantly laying there, bouncing when you walk, having no control what-so-ever.

Well I have something inspiring to tell you.

Last night I was able not only to keep up a run on the treadmill at a speed of 5.5, but the uncomfortable slapping noise and bouncing from my lower belly was gone. OMG I FREAKED OUT. I popped on that treadmill in the hopes of just a fast walk and kept bumping it up until I was at a run of 5.5!! I asked my husband to listen to me to make sure I wasn't slapping (it was audible before) and NOTHING! I didn't even feel it bouncing around. I went from paranoid to run with headphones on to confidently running blasting my music like a champ!!!

If I can do it, you can too. It just takes time!

Replies

• laureltn
    laureltn Posts: 87 Member
    This makes me so happy for you! Congratulations and keep up the good work!
  • angie6171
    angie6171 Posts: 18 Member
    Thanks for sharing. It is not a good feeling at all. :( Hopefully getting there too, slowly. :)
  • Congrats! That's awesome, so maybe there's hope for me yet! BTW I love the name! Keep up the great work!
  • yorkiemom0820
    yorkiemom0820 Posts: 71 Member
    YOU ARE A CHAMP! YOU ARE DO AN AMAZING JOB ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS! CONGRATS!:flowerforyou:
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Congratulations!
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Thats so awesome buddy!! It will be gone in no time :)
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Wow... Amazing job!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    LOL!! AWESOME!! You should read my blog...Plight of the Flab Apron!!
  • Meriguz
    Meriguz Posts: 15 Member
    Thank you for posting that, I am very hopeful now!
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Oh, this is SO inspiring to read. I'm starting to really worry about not only my tummy apron, but my bat wings as well. But this gives me hope that maybe, if I'm patient, it won't be so bad. I'm not at my goal weight yet -- still another 30-40 pounds to go -- so it's not too bad yet (except my darned arms). May I ask how long it took before you noticed this difference? Regardless, congratulations! What an awesome NSV!
  • ThorneDust
    ThorneDust Posts: 189 Member
    That's wonderful! I hate that flabby apron. Can't wait to be rid of mine!
  • rwalston86
    rwalston86 Posts: 50 Member
    I carried twins and it ruined my belly (worth it though) so I really needed to hear that! Amazing success! Congrats!
  • twinkychops
    twinkychops Posts: 228 Member
    Oh honey that was so fab to read! I hate the belly slap as I run up the stairs and you've given me hope that one day my " section satchel" !! will be gone!!
  • ouddy29
    ouddy29 Posts: 17 Member
    Thanks for sharing!!!! There's hope for me...
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    You rock! Thank you for sharing that :-) XOXO
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    That is awesome! Thank you!
  • michelleesther
    michelleesther Posts: 72 Member
    awsome!
  • Awesome!
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    This is quite inspiring. What other activities do you do to help your situation?
  • Yayy!! Congrats to you!!! I have that horrid apron myself. I hope I'm able to lose mine too. So happy for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!