Women's Vitamins

Options
Anyone have a women's multi-vitamin they recommend? I have tried a few but have not been pleased with any of them. Some make me nauseous and don't make me feel any better. I would love some recommendations!

Replies

• rubberbiscuit
    Options
    I just take a Centrum chewable and a calcium w/D every morning. But, I don't have any problems with nausea. I think you're supposed to wait a couple of hours between taking a multi-vitamin and a calcium for better absorbtion, but I'd forget to take one of them if I did that. I take second calcium with dinner.
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    I take a Centrum pre-natal vitamin because I was having issues with my hair falling out. Seems to work for me fine. I also take a Super B Complex and a Biotin because I can, and I should take some iron, but my percentages look good on here, so I am not worried about it.
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I have the problem with naseau too. I had to try a couple different brands and experiment with do I take them with food, do I take them at night etc. I also found the general multi vitamins were better than the "women's" because I have issues with iron, calcium and Vitamin D. So I take the Kirkland Multi, Kirkland Omega, Chewable Calcuim, Nature's Made Vitamin D, and a B12, all regulated by my doctor. He likes them seperate so that he can change the dose when needed.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I just have Berocca every day which seems to do the trick! I haven't tried any 'women's ones' as I don't really see what the difference would be and ponder if it's just a pharma marketing ploy!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I just take a regular multi-vitamin that has no fillers and crap in it. That could be the reason you're feeling sick. I used to take the women's one a day weight management ones and no matter if I took it with or without food I felt really sick afterwards.

I say go to your local health food store and find a vitamin that doesn't have any added crap in it for the filler. They'll be more expensive but worth it in the long run.
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I buy the Adult GUMMY vitamins from SAMS Club. This way I can just eat two without water. I keep them by my work desk and every morning, first thing, I eat two. They taste good too! I also pack them in a small container when I travel and take them with me.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Since I am older I take Multibionta with probiotic. It has never made me
    feel like nausea.
  • jabrussl
    jabrussl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Currently, I am taking the Walmart version (Equate) of One a day women's vitamin. It gives you 50% of daily calcium which I like and need. I am also taking Viactiv caramel which has Calcium, Vitamin D, and Vitamin K. They taste really good. I picked a 5 month supply at Sams Club for about 12.00.
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time taking vitamins, and when I was pregnant I couldn't take the prenatal vitamins cuz they made me sick too ~ so I started taking Flintstones for Kids and that worked out. That was years ago, so I might try those Gummy ones from Sam's Club that was just mentioned... ;)
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Metagenics makes a multivitamin that is really good; it even comes in chewables. All the supplements I take are either Metagenics or Biotics Research.
  • rllewell
    rllewell Posts: 234
    Options
    Understand I am coming from a “raw fruits and vegetables is the answer” perspective so when talking about vitamins and supplements I simply ask where is the research. Where is the independent 3rd party clinical research studies published in peer reviewed journals on the product as a whole? I am not saying they all DO NOT work but I am saying many of them DO NOT and some have actually been found to be harmful to your health. So do very thorough research.

In my own research I asked these questions: Does it deliver key antioxidants and other phytonutrients that are absorbed by the body? Does it reduce oxidative stress? Does it support a healthy immune system? Does it help protect DNA? Does it positively impacts several key indicators of cardiovascular wellness?

If you find a product that passes all of the above, buy it and take it for the rest of your life!