Have you visited St. Thomas before?

Options
recee96
recee96 Posts: 224 Member
Okay...I'm getting married next year in St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands, and I figured I would ask my fellow Mfp'rs about it. Can you give me some recommendations about a good place to marry, stay, visit, etc.? I want to get married on the beach and have a reception for about 30 people. Any suggestions/tips would be great! Thanks!

Replies

• TracyJean2012
    TracyJean2012 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I would do alot of googling. There are tons of sites to choose that have packages for weddings and such, or contact their touirst convention site and that should help too.

I went there on a cruise with my best friend for my Bday last Jan and it was so beautiful there!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I only visited as part of a cruise, but the time we were there everyone was very very nice.

Eta- Congrats on your upcoming nuptials. :)
  • forwesgar13
    forwesgar13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    We love to cruise and Saint Thomas was the most beautiful place we have been to. I don't know about places to get married but one of the places we went to was Meagan's Bay it was listed as one of the most top 10 beaches to visit in the world , and it was gorgeous. ...
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Do you need another bridesmaid???
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I went there on a cruise so much of what you want to know is lost to me but I will tell you to bring some money cause the jewelry prices are fantastic. Your future husband can shower you with some fine jewelry at a reasonable price. Just make sure to shop around cause there are a lot of stores that will try to gouge you.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I've never been, but after reading your post I just wanted to say congratulations and I hope you enjoy every moment there! :) My husband went on a work mission there when he was younger with his youth group and I've heard so much about it. We plan to visit there some day together. I know from the pictures it looks amazing!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    We went there quite a few years ago. It is definitely beautiful however they roll up the streets EARLY. Like almost after the cruise ships leave. Also not a lot is open on Sundays because they still view it as the day of rest.

Megans Bay is a pretty popular place for people to get married. When we were there there was at least a couple of weddings a day.
  • SlimPossible8
    SlimPossible8 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I LOVE megans bay...you have to visit it. Best beach in the VI.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Paradise Point Lookout!! GORGEOUS view of the harbor!!

I personally love St. Croix more, but St. Thomas is pretty fricken awesome!!
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback and the well wishes :):):)