Wow, that's never happedned before!

Options
TCASMEY
TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
I did a 10k on the eliptical this morning in 54 minutes (not a great pace, but I did it)! When I went to log my exercise when I typed in the 54 the calories came up to 669....exactly what my HRM said. That's a first!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Replies

• joycer10
    joycer10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The elliptical is so great for calorie burn. I'm sitting here on my couch:yawn: deciding whether to go and use the elliptical or take a walk since its bright & sunny (not a common thing for January in NH). Even though the higher calorie burn, I'm leaning toward the walk. Since I'm playing tennis tonight, I hope that will help!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    And that answers my question! I was wondering why my HRM calories are never as high as MFP has - even though I'm maintaining a HR 85% of max for 50 minutes... I've only been exercising for a few weeks so I'm obviously not having to put out as much effort to get my heart rate up that high. I go :embarassed: ONE MILE in 50 minutes. Yeah - pretty pathetic eh?

How long have you been working out? I hope if I keep this up for a few months I'll be able to work a lot harder!

CONGRATES!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    I have been working a long time....just now I am trying to watch what I eat and get to a healthy weight. I am glad you are getting up and moving even if a mile takes 50 minutes:flowerforyou: That time will improves!
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an incredible amount of calories burned! Sounds like I need an elliptical machine.
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Our elliptical is a vintage nordic track. We bought it 12 years ago. It has not bells or whistles. It does not incline or even need to be plugged in. You can adjust the tension to make easier or harder. I love it and the treadmill for a great calorie burn. (I was hoping to watch some t.v. but my son came down and turned on the xbox so I got to watch Tony Hawk skateboard and crash and bleed...I hate that game) but I got to be near my son while working out.
  • joycer10
    joycer10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just recently got an elliptical and it actually has two games built into it! I can play tetris while exercising. The "game controller" is in the handles! So you're pumping along with your feet and you're trying to maneuver the pieces with up and down and left and right with your thumbs while moving your arms forward! And from someone who has a hard time walking and chew gum at the same time! Anyway, its certainly takes my mind off of the time!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    And that answers my question! I was wondering why my HRM calories are never as high as MFP has - even though I'm maintaining a HR 85% of max for 50 minutes... I've only been exercising for a few weeks so I'm obviously not having to put out as much effort to get my heart rate up that high. I go :embarassed: ONE MILE in 50 minutes. Yeah - pretty pathetic eh?

How long have you been working out? I hope if I keep this up for a few months I'll be able to work a lot harder!

CONGRATES!

:angry: WAIT>>>>>>>> Not pathetic at ALL!! You are out there DOING it! Give yourself credit, please:heart:

Before you know it you will be doing 2 then 3 in that time....just wait and see!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Our elliptical is a vintage nordic track. We bought it 12 years ago. It has not bells or whistles. It does not incline or even need to be plugged in. You can adjust the tension to make easier or harder. I love it and the treadmill for a great calorie burn. (I was hoping to watch some t.v. but my son came down and turned on the xbox so I got to watch Tony Hawk skateboard and crash and bleed...I hate that game) but I got to be near my son while working out.

Those are the best of all! I thought about it at the gym the other day. On the road my c25k burn is approx 300 calories in 30 minutes. at the gym it was 200. Hmmm could that little electric belt me helping me??

Better than nothing for sure.........but using your own might to move the machine is certainly better

Good for you:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    double trouble............sorry