Looking for some inspiration and support

Options
:smile:

Hi I need some tips frompeople who have lost weight successfully, I am absolutely hopeless at losing weight. I know exactly what to do eat less and move more but I lose motivation after a couple of weeks.
I need to sort myself out once and for all, any advice/support would be much appreciated :sad:

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    What is it that cause you to lose motivation? Is it the foods, or the exercise part?
  • floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I have been losing the same weight over and over again. But this time it's different. I've decided that I am absolutely going to lose this weight for good. I think the biggest piece of advice I can give you is that it's 90% psychological. Cravings don't come from your stomach, they come from your brain. So to beat a craving you must use your brain. The way I beat a craving is to remind myself of all of the reasons why I want to lose weight. It stops me in my tracks. Being fat is hard and losing weight is hard. Pick your "hard"! Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • Chuckle_n_Dwindle
    Options
    I say...EAT MORE...of the right things! Add me if you wish, I am on daily and joyously enjoying the ride!
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    First you have to address why you haven't been able to stick with it. Is it because you feel starved and deprived after a few weeks? Is it because you have trouble giving up the not-so-good for you foods?

Once you address where exactly your problem area is, you'll more likely know what changes you need to make to succeed.

Some tips I can offer.

Portion Control and Moderation.
    Add fruits and/or veggies to every meal
    Exercise for at least 30 minutes, 3 times a week
    Cut your soda intake by half

If you need any help or support, feel free to add me as a friend :)

Good luck!
  • ChadB74
    ChadB74 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I eat the things I enjoy and I've subbed veggie/turkey burgers for real burgers - I've swapped bread slices for smart wraps - I swapped american deli cheese for Sargentos thin sliced low calorie options - I've swapped not eating breakfast to eating yogurts and fruits - I have not had a soda or cookie or cake or donut or anything in that category, i now have Sobe Zero waters, fiberone brownies, sugar free popsicles, water, etc..... It's not about eating disgusting fat free or sugar free products, it's about eating smaller portions through out the day (5 or 6 meals/snacks) I have not exercised one bit since joining on September 10th and as of yesterday, I have lost 20 pounds. This calorie counting works, you just have to work it. Truth be told, one meal every 2 weeks for me has been a caolrie exploding lovefest (pizza, lasagna, chinese food) You go stir crazy without satisfying your needs for the "good" stuff but you can't do it all the time. Good Luck