Plateau..... maybe.... who knows

Options
Hi,

Two weeks ago I had a cheat day in which I gained a significant amount of "weight". I always will gain a pound or two the next day (that will normally go away in a day) but that week I gained 4. It has taken me two weeks to lose 3 of the 4 pounds. I have been doing Jillian Michael's Body Revolution 6 days a week and eating between 1200-1400 calories. I just entered Phase 3 of the program so I have started a new routine. Do you think the gain is just from entering a more intense phase of the workout? I have not lost inches either. Every pound is such a struggle so when I hold onto weight for this long, it worries me. Any advice would help. Thanks!

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    There's no way any of us can tell you that. However, on your cheat day, did you eat 14,000 extra calories above your maintenance? If not, then no, you didn't gain 4lbs of fat.
  • Rinkydink84
    Options
    I understand there's no way one can say with certainty, but I'd just like opinions or sharing of similar experiences. No I didn't eat 14,000 calories, but I'm also creating a deficit to lose 1 pound a week and that's not happening so I don't feel that the math is always the only thing to take into account.
  • You arent eating enough. Which is why when you had a "cheat" day you gained back the pounds.

Working out 6 days a week, and only eating 1200-1400 calories doesnt give your body many calories to work on. Your body may be going into starvation mode. It will store all your calories because it fears it wont get more later.

I suggest you up your calories. Depending on your sex and weight. I used to eat 1,200 calories. Now I eat 1500-1800 calories. I am a 25 year old female. SW 260. CW 206. I started losing more weight when I upped my calories.

'
  • If you need help figuring out how many calories you need you can message me. I can help you out.