Southern California People - HELP ME

Options
LeilaFace
LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
Hi! My husband got a job offer and we are considering moving to Orange County, CA but I need ADVICE.

Where is a good place to live? What is it like down there? Besides it being horribly expensive what else should I be aware of?

We are moving with a small dog that I've had for almost 9 years. I'll be working from home.

He would be working from home and out "on Call" to it sounds like mostly Riverside but I've been to Riverside and Moreno Valley (lived there for 3 months) and I'd rather live closer to the water.

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP AND GUIDANCE.

Replies

• mariettel7
    Options
    I don't live in CA, but I had some family members that lived in Carlsbad and La Jolla. I think they are both kinda spendy areas, but there might be some areas near there that aren't bad. I have no idea how close Riverside is, so if it's far away just ignore me. :)
  • annahuebscher
    Options
    I used to live in Riverside years ago, so ghetto!! If he's going to be on call around there, I wouldn't suggest living too far away. Traffic gets sucky from what I remember.

I live down in San Diego now...muuuuuuuuuch better.
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Yeah San Diego is too far away for us. I know traffic sucks in Riverside but he would be driving in and out every day necessarily. And I'd rather not live in that area... So we're trying to figure out where we can live. Any suggestions?