Sundried Tomatoes

Options
jlefton1212
jlefton1212 Posts: 171 Member
Hello! I recently made a vegetable couscous with sundried tomatoes, and it was the first time I had ever cooked with sundried tomatoes. I don't know why, but I guess I always thought they were only available packed in oil but I found some in a zipper bag in the produce section.

Anyway, I really love their intense flavor and have some leftover but don't know what to make. Does anyone have a favorite recipe that includes sundried tomatoes?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I do a stuffed chicken breast. I cut a slit in the chicken so there's a pocket and I put a few chopped sundried tomatoes, a piece of basil, and some mozzarella cheese. Then I sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, and chili flakes on the exterior of the chicken and bake it at 350 until it's done (around 20 mins I think). This is easy and tasty!
  • geicko
    geicko Posts: 151
    Options
    Grill pieces of a chicken breast in a tsp of oil in a non stick pan. Keep warm.

Using the same pan, cook 1 onion chopped for a about 2 minutes then add 1 zucchini and about 8 dried tomatoes chopped in tiny bits, plusa little bit of garlic, and cook for 2-3 minutes.

Add the chicken back. Add about 1 cup of chicken bouillon and when close to boilling add a tbsp of corn starch.

Add plenty of fresh chopped basil leaves and ½ tsp crushed red pepper.

Serve on top of 2oz no yolk noodles.

Makes 2 portions of roughly 400 calories, with 32g of protein and only 4 g of fat :)
  • Sherryishealthyandstrong
    Options
    Love sun dried tomatoes too!! Sooo good! i chop them up and toss them into my veggie wrap!!
  • cattiemac
    cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    One of my faves is a chickren breast stuffed with sundried tomatoes and feta cheese. So yummy!!