Do you multi-task?

Options
Today, I had a ton of tests to grade (I am a fifth grade teacher) so I tried to do something different. I am a very good multi-tasker, but what woman isn't! Instead of grade my tests sitting in front of the TV, I hopped on the treadmill and walked as I graded my tests. When I finished, I actually walked for 53 minutes and I didn't even realize it. I was walking at a leisurely pace (2.8mph) but that is better than just sitting there.

Anyone out there, want to share how they multi-tasked today?

Replies

• mitstac17
    mitstac17 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Today, I had a ton of tests to grade (I am a fifth grade teacher) so I tried to do something different. I am a very good multi-tasker, but what woman isn't! Instead of grade my tests sitting in front of the TV, I hopped on the treadmill and walked as I graded my tests. When I finished, I actually walked for 53 minutes and I didn't even realize it. I was walking at a leisurely pace (2.8mph) but that is better than just sitting there.

Anyone out there, want to share how they multi-tasked today?
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I have tried reading on the treadmill, but, I get off balance. I just watch the tv's they have hanging from the ceiling. I also get caught up on my phone calls.
  • nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    When im on the treadmill i watch movies on my ipod so i forget that im even working out and when i look up ive been on there for over an hour.
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    haha, i hear ya, icandoit! lol i'm also a fifth grade teacher and i try to multi-task but i can't hardly on my treadmill! my treadmill's too narrow and i get off balance too easily! haha! but on my mom's, i love to multi-task! i will say though, that my class and i are reading the city of ember series of books and i got really into that, so i did finish it one night on the treadmill! :tongue:
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I play my Nintendo DS on the stationary bike and when I was studying Latin, I would practice my declensions on the elliptical machine.

I put my textbook on the console and studied away...always earned excellent scores on my Latin tests for this.
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I walked and chewed bubblegum while losing weight. lol Sugar free of coarse.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I'm with icandoit, I actually get dizzy trying to focus on even a magazine while riding the bikes or treadmill. NOt much multi tasking going on while working out for me. But I can chew gum and work out! :laugh:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Multitasking is a myth.