Runners who use endomondo?

Options
13»

Replies

• hamlvr
    hamlvr Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey guys! I use the Endomondo app on my smartphone to track running time and speed. Anyone else out there use it?? It's really fun to give each other pep talks and such!

Yes, it's pretty good - but it exaggerates the calories lost, I'm pretty sure of it. I prefer the figures MFP spits out.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I have it, but since getting Zombies! Run..... it went off my phone. Zombies! Run is far more fun & well.... fun. Same features, you can see your runs/walks whatever on the site & it's really quite fun to do. Endomondo does not offer anything apart from music.... ZR does the same only better...it's got zombie chases in it.
  • WalterWallCarpet
    Options
    Hey guys! I use the Endomondo app on my smartphone to track running time and speed. Anyone else out there use it?? It's really fun to give each other pep talks and such!

Yes, it's pretty good - but it exaggerates the calories lost, I'm pretty sure of it. I prefer the figures MFP spits out.

I use Endo Pro for tracking my walking and I have been logging the average of my MFP calorie burn and the Endo Pro burn. I'm still losing weight, so it can't be too far out!!
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Use it for hiking, but I tend to disbelieve the accuracy of "calories burned" on ANY electronic device.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options

Yesterday morning my daughter and I walked up to the diner and back. Our coffee walk.
    Out of curiosity I donned my info tracking gadgets. I keep them current.

Tale of the Tape:

Omron HJ-112 Pedometer It says 3081 steps, 2997 anaerobic steps in 27 min, 172 Kcal, 1.36 miles

Endomondo Walking, Duration 29:23, Distance 1.4, Avg. Speed 2.85, Avg Pace 21:01 min, Calories 275

Polar F6 HRM Duration 30:06, In Zone 30:06, Heart Rate Max 116 or 72% Avg 106 or 65%, Calories 227 60% Fat