Raw Food Diet?

Options
Is anyone here on a raw food diet? I've been doing some research and it seems like it's the best thing for you. What do you all think about it?
It doesn't seem very affordable unless you can buy i bulk at a farmer's market. I live in a very small town and we don't have a farmer's market. What should I do? Any advice?

Replies

• EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    yeah raw salmon, raw vegetables and fruits. ofcourse its good for you.

But where are you going to get sashimi grade fish . And raw vegetables are just not tasty.
    the less processed the food is. the better it is for you
  • ronaroth
    Options
    raw salmon and tuna are the bomb. I personally don't care if its sushi grade. I wouldn't recommend it unless you know you can tolerate it. I have been eating sushi almost my whole life, I have never gotten sick.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't believe it's the healthiest diet for most people. Why would it be? Some vegetables actually provide more nutrients when they are cooked. And there are few raw protein sources that are going to be healthier than cooked.
  • HealthFreak1967
    HealthFreak1967 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i'm super interested in raw foodism and aspire to become one when it's feasible. I've gone the most about 1 week eating all raw, felt really good, but wasn't eating enough calories.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    You can be every bit as healthy with a far less extreme diet.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Is anyone here on a raw food diet? I've been doing some research and it seems like it's the best thing for you. What do you all think about it?
    It doesn't seem very affordable unless you can buy i bulk at a farmer's market. I live in a very small town and we don't have a farmer's market. What should I do? Any advice?

I think you've stated some obstacles that might make it cumbersome and difficult for you at this time - not affordable and not easily purchased in your area. Why knock yourself out then. No offense but from your profile ticker it looks as if you have a lot to lose. Pick something sustainable and low maintenance for right now. Eat as healthy as possible and stay in your calories, get some exercise. There is no reason to make a huge change from the get go.....ease into it and get comfortable. It's a lifestyle!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    it is just an excuse to not cook?
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Fire is SO cool.
  • fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405
    Options
    >Healthy
    >You get ill without supplements
    Pick one
  • rllewell
    rllewell Posts: 234
    Options
    Some vegetables actually provide more nutrients when they are cooked. And there are few raw protein sources that are going to be healthier than cooked.

I find this dead wrong. Please provide me any research to back this statement up.

Over 4000 clinical studies show that eating the daily recommended amount of RAW fruits and vegetables will lower the risk of chronic illness (cancer, heart disease, diabetes etc...) and deliver the vitamins and minerals your body needs daily. Medical science reminds us every day that good nutrition and good health go hand in hand. The problem is that most of us don’t eat nearly enough raw fruits and vegetables, especially not a wide variety every day. We find fruits and vegetables too inconvenient and too expensive and most fail to get the recommended 9 to 13 servings every day.
  • Paiger81
    Paiger81 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My veggie co-op is run by a raw foodist. Google Rawfully Organic and it should lead you to more information and yummy recipes. I can see first hand the good that eating plan has done for people in the co-op, but it's a tad too extreme for my tastes. That being said, I get lots of great raw food recipes from them (along with my fruit and veggies) and think their goal is impressive.