Experts: How much should I eat?

Options

Replies

• Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Get a pullup bar and do some pushups, at least. If you're not going to exercise your muscles, then maintain until you're ready.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Look, I'm not refusing to exercise. It's complicated. I have 3 people in my house that codepend on me right now due to mental health issues. It's not as easy to find time as you think. I cook all my own meals, I do all the laundry, I do all the shopping, I do all the cleaning. I don't work really hard at it though so I don't count it as exercise, but I am generally on my feet most of the day. I just come to the computer when I am taking a break between tasks. So my point is, I don't have 1 hour to dedicate to exercise. But when the family is caught up, I might load an app on my phone and do some ab training or yoga. But I don't have 1 hour to spare. No stay at home parent does. Because if we did, we'd be working.

So again, what should I be eating?

You don't have time? I work full-time, go to school full-time and have two children that depend on me. I heavy lift 3 days a week and cardio 3 days a week. I get up before everyone else to do this (4:45 am). It can be done, you just have to make it a priority.

Shes superwoman! :)

Agreed. Because no one in their right mind would attempt to do this and try to keep their sanity. I'm sorry, but my health is a full package (mental health included). You must drive your kids/husband crazy! Either that or you're one step shy of a Paxil prescription.
    My mental health is just fine, thank you. I get up and work out before my kids get up so that I can spend quality time with them when I am home. Working out is my medication :)

P.S. For someone who takes care of people with mental health issues, it seems like you would be less likely to say something like this.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. I appreciate this. I don't have much strength, but since I've never had strength I don't have much to compare it to. But I have been dabbling with exercise, it's just scary when it's all new to you and your parents didn't make it a priority so you live 30 years of your life as a hardcore gamer only to find yourself 219 lbs and having a lot of health issues. But again thanks for your reply, it was indeed helpful (just not sure how I'm going to get all that protein! A 4 oz chicken is only 26g!)

Wait, hardcore gamer for 30 years who has never had strength? What happened to the football stud who could "cling" 1300lbs?
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Just curious, how long did you spend posting silly forum posts like this?
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    You should look into ketosis!
    Excellent.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I thought you said you "would never post in the forums again." Yet here I see the same post, where you will get the same answers, and you will use the same responses.

SJ35O.gif

EDIT: Oh look, you already said people were insulting you when no one has said anything like that, but you've personally attacked someone by implying they're a step away from needing medication.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    You don't need an hour each day to lift. Just quit making excuses and do it.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. I appreciate this. I don't have much strength, but since I've never had strength I don't have much to compare it to. But I have been dabbling with exercise, it's just scary when it's all new to you and your parents didn't make it a priority so you live 30 years of your life as a hardcore gamer only to find yourself 219 lbs and having a lot of health issues. But again thanks for your reply, it was indeed helpful (just not sure how I'm going to get all that protein! A 4 oz chicken is only 26g!)

Wait, hardcore gamer for 30 years who has never had strength? What happened to the football stud who could "cling" 1300lbs?

This is what I would like to know as well.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    1200. The answer is always 1200.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Why do you start multiple threads at a time, asking the same questions over and over? Why not implement some of the advice you have been given over and over and over?

How long before you whine to the mods and have your thread taken down?

Troll.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    fit00.gif
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    1) If you're doing all the household duties, you're not sedentary. Bump up your activity level and you'll have more calories.

2) No one has the time or finds the time to exercise. They MAKE the time.

In the time it's took you to type this post, you could have done some pushups. You could save two gallon empty milk jugs, fill them with sand or water, and use them as weights. They'd be 8 pounds each filled with water, 13 pounds filled with sand. Before I bought weights, I did deadlifts with two 40 pound buckets of cat litter. You got kids, use one of them for weights. They'll think it's fun.
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    fit00.gif

LOVE THIS!!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    21618403.jpg
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Take the time you use to make all these forum posts and exercise

qft
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Look, I'm not refusing to exercise. It's complicated. I have 3 people in my house that codepend on me right now due to mental health issues. It's not as easy to find time as you think. I cook all my own meals, I do all the laundry, I do all the shopping, I do all the cleaning. I don't work really hard at it though so I don't count it as exercise, but I am generally on my feet most of the day. I just come to the computer when I am taking a break between tasks. So my point is, I don't have 1 hour to dedicate to exercise. But when the family is caught up, I might load an app on my phone and do some ab training or yoga. But I don't have 1 hour to spare. No stay at home parent does. Because if we did, we'd be working.

How much time have you spent on here, today alone? You could have been doing situps, pushups, anything else instead.

I'm a stay at home/work from home dad - on the days when I take care of several children, cook, clean, *and* work 9-5, I still make time to work out. It's not easy, but I'm far from supeman. I just divert my attention away from b!tching about it and just get the frack up and do it.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

You don't have time? I work full-time, go to school full-time and have two children that depend on me. I heavy lift 3 days a week and cardio 3 days a week. I get up before everyone else to do this (4:45 am). It can be done, you just have to make it a priority.

Shes superwoman! :)

Agreed. Because no one in their right mind would attempt to do this and try to keep their sanity. I'm sorry, but my health is a full package (mental health included). You must drive your kids/husband crazy! Either that or you're one step shy of a Paxil prescription.

for someone who gets upset when he thinks he is being attacked that was awfully harsh....way to follow the herd!

(ps superwoman, keep it up...I don't know you but you are amazing!)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Stop trying to lose weight. Eat at maintenance and start strength training. Body weight exercises for at home (google for ideas and there's also an excellent book out there 'you are your own gym'). If you can't block out 30-45 minutes a day do it in increments. Bam done.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    In_before_the_lock.jpg \m/
This discussion has been closed.