REALLY 4 lbs in 3 stinkin' weeks

Options
2»

Replies

• marybethbeech
    Options
    When I first started on the site, I estimated my weight. It turns out I over-estimated by like 2 lbs so my first week showed a loss much bigger than what I actually accomplished. I think there are lots of people like me. It sounds like you're doing everything right. Don't get discouraged. I keep telling myself that moderate weight loss based on an actual life style change is much more likely to stay off than weight you lose on some crazy fad diet or exercise plan that you can't stick with.
  • izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I know it is really hard to watch others loose and you feel you are not doing as well. You are doing great... 1lb a week. I struggle with eating all my calories but i try to get close. Keep it up. See what happens in another 3 weeks.
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Hey, don't be too discouraged. I have been at this for right at a month. The first two weeks I lost 5 lbs and the scale hasn't budged since. I too, stuck to my charting of calories and exercising, but no scale movement. BUT, I noticed that my jeans fall off of me now. (I actually had to start wearing a belt...That hasn't happened in 6 YEARS!!!!) My bra is super loose and I actually had to buy a smaller size in some T-shirts! My fiancee even gave me a hug tonight and said "wow, there is less of you too hug now"!

I agree with the others that have posted. Don't trust the scale. Trust your measurements and how your clothes are fitting. Be patient. This is a long journey.
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys thanks for all the advice, it's not really coming off much faster I am at 5lbs now, but I have lost an 1 1/2 inches in my waist, so I must be doing something right. I also figured out that on the weekends I don't workout until much later in the day and I think it messes with my emotions (endorphins) Soooo I have switched to morning walks on the weekend and I am doing much better, much happier, Thanks all again for the motivation and help!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys thanks for all the advice, it's not really coming off much faster I am at 5lbs now, but I have lost an 1 1/2 inches in my waist, so I must be doing something right. I also figured out that on the weekends I don't workout until much later in the day and I think it messes with my emotions (endorphins) Soooo I have switched to morning walks on the weekend and I am doing much better, much happier, Thanks all again for the motivation and help!

Awesome~!!!:drinker: