Need some advice and help

So on Tuesday I messed up my upper back while working out. It looks like I just tried to push too hard too soon. So now I have stressed muscles in my upper back. Needless to say sitting for hours at my job aggravates it to no end there is some swelling I've determined because as the day goes on it gets harder to breath, kind of like when you are sick. I have been icing it, taking Tylenol and Motrin 800, and tried a little bit of heat.

My problem is I can't really do anything until this heals so how am I supposed to continue losing weight and getting into shape. It feels like just as I start to make some real progress and feel good about things this set back happens. I'm still following my calorie plan from here so at least that isn't an issue. Does anyone have any tips on how to get this to heal quick so I can get back to losing the weight. I'm so afraid that if I am laid up for many more days (already haven't been able to work out for 2 days and I am pretty sure today is going to be day 3 with no exercise) all the progress I have started to see and feel is going to go away and I will be back at square 1 again and my motivation and depression are going to get the best of me. Please help.

Replies

• SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Take heart! They say that 80% of weight loss it what you eat. Exercise is only 20%. Stick to your calorie limits and your macros and you shouldn't backslide too much.
  • ashowers36
    ashowers36 Posts: 83 Member
    Thanks. I will try to stay positive in knowing that I am still managing my eating habits even though I can't exercise.