Can I get down to my goals on this routine?

Options
I

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I am eating 1200 calories and eat clean, (no refined sugars, high protein, low carb). I have cheat day per month, and that's it. I am working out 5 days a week at the gym on this elliptical that says I burn 800 calories in 30 minutes, (though I know it's probably more like 400), so like 800 calories in an hour. I do light weight lifting exercises on the weekend for 30 minutes each day. I also walk my dog for at least an hour every night. I am 155 pounds right now, 5'4, my goal is to EVENTUALLY be 110. Do you guys think my plan will work? Please help?

If you eat 1600-1800 calories on workout days, sure.

Otherwise if you think eating 1200, using up 400 of those on exercise, and leaving your body 800 to use for basic metabolism will end up well, no.

1200 is the bare minimum for safety reasons for sedentary. Doesn't sound like you plan on being sedentary.

Besides which, 1200 is for purpose safety like minimum building codes is for purpose of safety. NOT for aesthetics, longevity, or performance.

And I'm guessing you are working out to improve your body. So feed it so it can.

Diet is for weight loss, hopefully fat loss but too much diet and it's muscle also.

Exercise is for heart health and body improvement, and it may or may not help weight and fat loss.