Calories in a serving????

Options
sarahsaca
sarahsaca Posts: 50 Member
This might be a dumb question but does anyone know how to determine how many calories are in a cup of a saved recipe??? I entered in all of the ingredients for a crock pot turkey chili and I can get the # of calories per serving when I pre-determine how many servings are in the entire recipe but I was trying to figure out how many would be in just a cup?

I was going to just measure out how many cups were in the crock pot but didn't really want to go to all the trouble of measuring out cup by cup into another bowl if I didn't have to...............

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    For recipes, I figure out the calories for the entire dish and then weigh it after it's prepared. Then I weigh would would be, for example 1/4 of the recipe and log it as such.
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    That's how I do it too, I measure out how much I have in measuring cups and then put that as the number of "servings".
  • aubreydarko
    Options
    Well what I do is add the calories of the entire recipe, say its a casserole, you need to add up the calories in everything used in the recipe, so the can of mushroom soup, the tuna, the cheese, peas, pasta etc and once you have the calories added, divide it by how many people it serves, so if it makes 8 servings or 10, you'd divide it by that and that will give you the answer :)

hope this helps
  • NextChapter60
    NextChapter60 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    How big is the crock-pot? 2-quart? 4-quart?
    2 cups = 1 pint
    4 cups = 2 pints = 1 quart
    8 cups = 4 pints = 2 quart
    16 cups = 8 pints = 4 quart

Just divide the total calorie count by the number of cups in the crockpot.
  • LiveLaffLoseLove
    Options
    When I make a chili or stew in the crockpot, I always add all my ingredients, then guesstimate and when it is done, I use a measuring cup or 1/2 cup and scoop it into my storage bowl and readjust recipe servings....
  • sarahsaca
    sarahsaca Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!!! I think I can get a pretty good estimate with all of these suggestions!!! :smile:
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    When I make soup I use a six quart pot. So, when I enter the number of servings for my soup I put in 24 since I use 1 cup servings.
  • kittycat707
    kittycat707 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like to measure everything seperate for myself, like if I make a soup and use a can of corn at 1/2 cup for 65 calories, carrots 1/2 cup 35, green beans 1/2 cup 20...and so on, I will put it in seperate bowls and add a piece of paper with total calories on it that way I know how much it is....yes it makes more dishes to wash but if you have kids...well that is why they are here and if you give them an allowance...:laugh:
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I just eat the whole crock pot...that way I dont have to guess how many cups I ate!