Upper thigh pain.

Options
First up, I'm a Public Services student at College, I don't particularly need the qualifications from this course (I've already got plenty in order to get into Officers school) but I'm using it more so because it's something I enjoy and as a way to really up my fitness.

That said, we had a training day on Wednesday with the Marines. We had a mile and a half run to complete in the morning and then we had two hours solid training with them, did crazy exercises like 'Evolution' which was sort of the progression from something called the duck walk, where you're crouched down and 'walking' in a crouched position, then you move onto little bunny hops and finally large bunny hops. Wall sits, sit ups, press ups, sprints were also involved.

It kicked my *kitten*, to put it simply, but I was among the 7 out of about 40 students (and one of the 2 females) that finished and my legs HURT.

Stairs feel like they've been placed strategically by Satan and my walk is currently a mix of Kryten from Red Dwarf and Clint Eastwood. I am in a world of flaming hurts. My question is, though I'm aching, I want to work out, I don't think I can stand not going to the gym this weekend after I cocked up the last one (had a bit of a binge). Do you think I should go or no? I understand I could be working other muscle groups but I want to get some cardio done without hurting myself.

Not sure if I should stick it out or bite the bullet and stop complaining?

I just don't want to tear something and end up out of action.

Replies

• brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    upper thigh where?

do some stretching and icing. You can do some light biking until you can walk normal.
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Working out will help work out that lactic acid buildup that is hurting you. Sore is a good thing. Hit the gym.
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I say hit the gym because it really will help reduce the sorenes. However, if you are actually in pain then I say take it easy. There's a difference between muscle soreness and acute pain. DOMS just means that you worked hard enough to cause little tears in the muscle which will help it rebuild. It's a good thing.....
  • Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I say hit the gym because it really will help reduce the sorenes. However, if you are actually in pain then I say take it easy. There's a difference between muscle soreness and acute pain. DOMS just means that you worked hard enough to cause little tears in the muscle which will help it rebuild. It's a good thing.....

I agree. If it's just post workout soreness, then doing a workout this weekend should help. I also had a heavy duty workout on Wednesday (but certainly not a Marines workout, good on you girl :drinker: and special congrats on being one of the only 2 girls to complete it!), and I could barely walk yesterday and was still sore today (more in my hamstrings though), but I went to the gym this evening and I feel much better now :smile:

BUT, like juliec33 said, if it is acute pain then you probably ought to rest.