30+/100+to lose/punkrock/psychobilly/horror/skol vikings

Options
I came to the conclusion that to move forward in my journey it would be a lot better if I had buds so we could support each other, and it'd be easier to be buds if we had things in common, yes?

I'm 32, a single mom, I live in northern Minnesota. I am a Vikings NUT (purple living room, personalized license plate that says SKOL, my fishes are named Chad and Audie lol, I could go on...) but I am also very into punk rock (like from the 90s, not understanding the screamo crud they are trying to pass as punk rock nowadays), rockabilly/psychobilly, country (old and modern). I like to watch horror but haven't a lot lately. My faves are Nosferatu, Suspiria, and Hellraiser. Adam Sandler always makes me laugh, I love comedies. I also like sappy movies (because I'm a girl) like The Vow, The Lake House.

If you have at least some of this stuff in common with me and want to be buds, that would be awesome. Girls and guys equally welcome, as long as you got over 100 lbs to lose or are in the process of losing over 100 lbs, I won't hate on you if you've been where I am already and are seeing the promised land, because you probably got some cool advice too.

I'm sorry for rambling, I'm on my 2nd diet Coke and it's really quiet at work today.

As for my progress, I have lost about 35 lbs since April, but gained 10 back, leaving me at 25 down. I have 130 more to go, hoping to lose more than that though lol. I am currently at 310 *cringes*

I like to text, I go on Yahoo sometimes, and I used to talk on skype (without cam, mines broke) Maybe we can play kinect together? I'll dust it off if you like to play =)

Replies

• RemiLynn79
    RemiLynn79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Vikings as well! I grew up in south-central Minnesota, but moved to Wisconsin 5 years ago. =( I get a lot of **** for being a Vikings fan, but I still love them. And they are doing AMAZING this year!
    Friend request sent!
  • CandyDiehardBAMF
    CandyDiehardBAMF Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Awesome, accepted! =D
  • TreeHugger2013
    TreeHugger2013 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! I am into the horror movies and punk rock as well and I need all the friends I can get that will push me in the right direction!

I had lost 100 lbs, however, I fell off the wagon and gained almost 30 back. So here I am yet again ...

Friend request sent!
  • CandyDiehardBAMF
    CandyDiehardBAMF Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sweet =) love your hair ^^
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I'm late 20s, but live in Fargo and am also a Vikes fan :) you can add me if you want.
  • kitkatkate77
    Options
    I'm in my 30s, a single mom, I like country and rockabilly, I have over 100 lbs to lose. And I like almost all movies. Do I pass?
  • misfitswayoflife
    misfitswayoflife Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and not a football fan or a mother..
    but I do like horror movies and punk music
    I'm kind of a part time mom.. my boyfriend has a kid and we get her every second weekend.
    But I work with youth all day long
  • fieryhellkitten
    fieryhellkitten Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am definately into the rockabilly/punk scene. I also love horror movies. I am looking for support as well as friends on here. I am looking to lose 200 pounds. :smile:
  • givenshl
    Options
    Great Post, Good Luck on your Journey!
  • Rosie_M13
    Options
    HI!
    I'm 37 years old and the mother of a 22 year old daughter...and of a 7 year old Rhodesian Ridgeback mix named Brownie. I was 270 at my heaviest...lost 38 pounds, but gained 15 back...so I'm net 20 pounds gone. My goal is 130 (so 120 to go). It's hard.
    I've lived in AZ for almost 5 years now, originally from L.A. I'm a huge Cardinals fan (we play the Vikings next week). I LOVE horror flicks, especially zombies (my license plate reads AZOMBIE). Hellraiser is one of my favorites, as well! I laugh at most anything 'cause I'm easily amused and entertained! Romantic comedies are one of my favs, too, but I don't dig the sappy stuff TOO MUCH, lol! Music is very important to me! I listen to ALL KINDS, but '90s rock and rockabilly being the majority. I also enjoy reading (Stephen King, mostly).
    I just downloaded the myfitnesspal app and logged into the website after more than a year. I guess I've decided it's really time to do this. I want to be healthy! I joined a walking team at work for "Walktober"...and after looking up the nutritional facts of my large strawberry-banana smoothie this morning, I realized I needed some help, so here I am.
    If you, or anybody reading this reply, digs this, hit me up :smile:
  • pannay
    pannay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I am 38, mother of 3 a STEELERS girl. Love punk and rockabilly! October is my families month, we LIVE FOR Halloween and always do Family costumes. We love horror films, both comedy/horror and scare the crap out of you. I can recommend a few underground horror films my friends have worked on ;)

Add me if you will to your friends list!

I started a fitness plan last week, and have a horrible time dieting, I love food, crappy food. However I hit 267 pounds and could not keep up with my toddler son at the park, so here I am.

I would rather be sewing.... too bad sewing doesn't burn more calories!