Anyone else feel like a Pro at losing weight?

allyson2212
allyson2212 Posts: 42
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Lol I seem to have all the answers and tricks in the book. Now WHY am I overweight??? With all of the books and articles Ive read. All the workout DVDs and diet pills that I bought. I should look like Jullian by now! Sorry, it was kind of amusing to me answering all of these questions about weight loss when my ticker only says 4, lol. I guess Im not a pro at losing weight, just dieting!

Replies

• waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    I hear you! If I had saved all the money I've spent on personal trainers, dietitians, weight watchers meetings, and all the other stuff I've tried over the years, I could probably pay off my new car or have a down payment for a second home! The only thing that really works for me is staying honest on this FREE (please keep it that way) web site, exercise, and making sure to spread my calories over 6 meals a day to keep my blood sugar level.

Congratulations on the 4 lbs lost so far! Keep up the great work!
  • badgirllaughing
    badgirllaughing Posts: 30 Member
    I feel the same way sometimes. I just know that I keep trying and this time I am determined to get there. To make myself accountable I joined "The Big Loser" at my gym and a fitness class that goes 6 days a week. I too was more of a "talker" then a do'er. But eventually you just have to make a decision and stick to it. I cannot consider this a "diet" but rather a lifestyle change. I am trying to eat healthier and I am working out almost everyday and feeling extremely sore most days. lol. But suddenly I am feeling better, healthier, ... so I am going to keep at it. I hope I win the contest but the final goal is weight loss. I keep pictures up of what I want to look like with a motivational saying where I wake up and that's the first thing I see. It drives me to keep going to my early morning workouts no matter how tired I feel because when I get there I feel better that I went. You just need to remind yourself of your own motivations as to why you are doing this change. Never think of it as a diet because most diets fail. Keep up the good work as obvious you have started on your own journey. Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.