Guess my weight

Options
2»

Replies

• brcampan
    brcampan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response!

For the people who think it is weird that is fine each to there own.

I posted this because according to the scale and my BMI I am overweight I have 21% body fat and i weight 142 pounds and I am a size 4. I have lost 35 pounds to get here. But in the BMI word im still "fat"

To be deemed "healthy" I still need to lose another 8 pounds and to be in the middle range for my height according the the BMI I should lose another 24 pounds.

Those numbers are daunting.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Did I win the prize?
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    It would probably be easier for people to comment if you had a full-on front pic, and also a side pic, and if both pics showed your legs. Then we could see how thick your waist is and how big your bum and thighs are. I wouldn't have felt confident hazarding a guess from that pic - there's too much that is hidden.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response!

I posted this because according to the scale and my BMI I am overweight I have 21% body fat and i weight 142 pounds and I am a size 4. I have lost 35 pounds to get here. But in the BMI word im still "fat"

To be deemed "healthy" I still need to lose another 8 pounds and to be in the middle range for my height according the the BMI I should lose another 24 pounds.

Well there, you have just proved my therory. Scales suck! You look fine! Who gives a stuff about BMI and your healthy weight!! Can you not see that you look absolutely fine and that what the 'experts'' deem a good weight range for us doesnt always fit for everyone. I hope your not actually planning to try to lose another 24 lbs to come inline with the healthy weight figures?
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    You look smaller than your weight. It's probably because you have a lot of muscle, and are comparatively larger in your arms and boobs.
  • roxyhoard
    Options
    To hell with the scale!!! and to the BMI (genious method that can't possible account for all differences in muscle mass and bone size/densit). You look fantastic!!!!! and I wouldn't have guessed you were a pound overweight......
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I would guess 135/140 you look similar-ish to me when I was that weight
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    To hell with the scale!!! and to the BMI (genious method that can't possible account for all differences in muscle mass and bone size/densit). You look fantastic!!!!! and I wouldn't have guessed you were a pound overweight......

This!
  • hope8311
    hope8311 Posts: 166
    Options
    I would say who cares about the weight you look great girl
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    this could get ugly
  • Kaiukas
    Kaiukas Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I agree that you look lovely!

I think what this experiment also shows is that you dress very well and cleverly for your body shape and that is actually a very desirable skill.

:flowerforyou:
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I saw a similar post to thing and like the other member the scale is also killing my motivation.

please let me know what you think I weight...i am 5"2

Also I have no idea where my head is in the photo the file cut it off so i attached another photo as well :)

after_zps40265ce1.jpg

you look thin enough in my opinion to be at goal! lol
    umm had to guess.. thinking u are thin but not too thin and some muscle .. prob 117-122
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I would guess around 118-120 Ibs.

Also, I see nothing weird in it at all.
    The op is simply seeing some reassurance, and I find that to be rather human as opposed to weird. We all need/seek reassurance sometimes, if our own minds are not providing it.

But from strangers on the net? Think I'd rather ask an honest friend! Oh well we're all different, each to their own and all that....OP you look fine anyway. Not sure what your worried about? Or if you are worried? That's what I mean, I just don't get this thread, don't know what you want to be told? Lol. I certainly don't think you need to lose any fat? Scale weight is totally meaningless in my opinion. No one ever sees it but you. Your body shape is fine and you look a perfectly acceptable weight to me. I don't mean to sound moody but I see so many people on here do caught up on scale numbers and stressing themselves out over it. Sure it's an indicator but it's not the major factor in changing your body I think.

^^^^^ LIKE (wanst ina the bump mood) lol.. good advice on scale trail info.. for sure.. I know for me personally and being still in the begining ish for my journey it is important to hit milestones scale wise.. but ya not to obsess or have an unreasonable wt expectancy esp when peeps are all built diff/shape/muscle
  • GreyEyes21
    GreyEyes21 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response!

The BMI doesnt give correct information reguarding healthy people. a 200lb man that is ALL muscle is considered morbidly obese. Do you think he should shrink and shrivel to 140 just for the BMI scale? you have more muscle mass than the BMI figures in, which is a good thing. If you lost 24 more lbs you would probably end up in a size 00 and WAY under bf% you should be at. A womans lowest BF% that is considered healthy is 21% under 21% and you may be at risk for not being able to reproduce?! A size 4 is perfect.
  • Apeck87
    Apeck87 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is weird at all. I however am sad now because I wish that I looked like you.

Now what would be real fun is if heavier people (like myself!) posted pictures of our current weight and said "Guess how much I weigh?! ..... *sob*"

weeiirdd