80 calorie banana muffins

Options
fit4lifeUcan2
fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
I make these banana muffins all the time and the kids love them. I had no idea they were only around 80 calories per muffin.

I fill 24 muffin compartments 2/3rds of the way with the mix. You don't have to use the spices I've added to this recipe. The original recipe doesn't have any spices in it but I love it with cinnamon and nutmeg and sometimes I add pumpkin spice. You can also substitute the eggs with egg beaters if thats your thing and the sugar you can substitute with splenda. My MIL is diabetic and would substitute 1/2 a cup of splenda for 1 cup of sugar since splenda is twice as sweet as sugar. That would also bring your calorie count down. But at only 80 calories per muffin who cares about a couple more calories. You can add a cup of raw oats and a cup of raisins as well. I usually double the recipe and make half without and the other half with the raisins and oats. Kids don't care for the oats or raisins but hubby and I do. But that does increase your calorie count. So run it through the recipe builder to get an accurate count if you add the raisins and oats.

Number of servings 24

Ingredients Calories Carbs Fat Protein
Egg - Large, Grade A, Raw, 2 egg 140 0 8 12
Sugars - Granulated (sucrose), 1 cup 774 200 0 0
Water - Bottled or Tap, 2.6 fl. oz. 0 0 0 0
Bananas - Raw, 3 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long) 315 81 1 4
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter - Light, 2 Tbsp (14g) 90 0 10 0
All-Purpose Flour (32 oz), 1 1/3 cup (30g) 572 114 0 16
Baking Powder, 0.25 tsp 2 1 0 0
Baking soda, 0.5 tsp 0 0 0 0
Spices - Cinnamon, ground, 1 tsp 6 2 0 0
Spices - Nutmeg, ground, 1 tsp 12 1 1 0
Salt - Table , 0.5 teaspoon 0 0 0 0

Total calories: 1911
Calories Per Serving: 80

Replies

• mommykitty81
    mommykitty81 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy! i can't wait to try these! thanks for sharing!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    Options
    I've been making these for years. They're my kids favorite. You can also add mini chocolate chips but then remember to run it through the recipe builder to calculate the calories because they will go up with whatever you add. Hope you like them as much as we do.
  • simplythefreakingbest
    Options
    just written the recipe down!! going to make some on my sunday bake!!! :)
  • mminor77
    mminor77 Posts: 313
    Options
    YUM!
  • MrsAgi
    MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    bump - going to try these:)
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mommykitty81
    mommykitty81 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    question though how exactly do you mix your ingredients. i know everyone does it differently but i like to follow a recipe as much as possible when i have one.
  • FierceV_Phat
    FierceV_Phat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Sounds good..............a must try
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    Options
    question though how exactly do you mix your ingredients. i know everyone does it differently but i like to follow a recipe as much as possible when i have one.
    I use an electric mixer and first mix all of the wet ingredients together then add the dry. Mix till completely blended. Scrape down the sides of your mixing bowl occasionally and continue to mix till everything is blended really well. It will be a little lumpy because of your banana bits unless you've put the bananas through a blender but I just mix mine in the mixing bowl. Its not necessary to get your bananas purred. just mashed up well is fine.

Bake at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes depending on your oven. In my oven it takes 25 minutes till golden brown. Insert a toothpick to check and make sure they are baked in the center. Toothpick should come out clean.
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    :)
  • NicholAshmore
    NicholAshmore Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sarahh103
    Options
    bump
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • bridiew
    bridiew Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump
  • supermumincanada
    supermumincanada Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Looks good, am gonna try these bump xo
  • vampmii
    vampmii Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Just copy and paste this to an email which I will send to myself then put it in my recipe folder I created. THANKS
  • LLS88
    LLS88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kissedbytheocean
    kissedbytheocean Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. They sound really good.