The Scale is Just a Number

Options
I have lost approximately 50 lbs over the last 10 years including 25 lbs between May and November 2011. I have been primarily focused on maintaining my recent weight loss over losing even though I still have about 10 lbs to go before hitting my goal of getting below 137 before I turn 37 (May 2013). Basically, I have continued to watch my calories and carbs during the week, relaxing my counts on the weekend or on business trips. This means I have gained and lost the same 2-3 lbs over the the last 12 months which is a bit of a bummer.

That is! until I realized that over the last month I have shaved 2 minutes off of my 3-mile run which means I am faster than I was in high school. I also have graduated from 3-5 lb. weights to 8-10 lb. weights when completing my circuit training sessions . And, despite having 3 children 6 and under, I am now in a single digit size for the first time since junior high school and the clothes STILL fit even during that time of the month when most things are too snug for comfort.

SO! while the scale hasn't budged in almost a year, I am definitely leaner, faster and stronger today than I was 12 months ago. YAY! Now, I need to put away my happy dance and get refocused as I only have 7 months until my birthday and I know the last 10 lbs will come off pretty slowly - especially with potential stalls around Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's and family birthdays :)

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!