Low Calorie Breakfasts

Options
Hi All,

I am new to the site and I am looking for low calorie breakfast ideas..any suggestions would be great!

Vic xx

Replies

• pktbundy
    pktbundy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I like one of the following,
    3 egg whites and pan fry with a spray of pam,
    Oatmeal with splenda
    Fat free cottage cheeze with splenda
    and some fruit (apple or an orange)

Sometimes, if I don't feel hungry I will have a V8 instead of fruit.
  • vampwix
    vampwix Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My favorite low calorie breakfasts are:

2 eggs, 2 pieces of Aunt Millie's light whole wheat bread (the Fiber for Life kind), and 2 cups of skim milk. It comes out to about 425 calories.

I also like to eat 1 c of multigrain cheerios with 1/2 c of skim milk. You can pair it with just about any fruit you'd like since with the milk, the cereal is only 150 calories.

HTH!
  • tearose
    tearose Posts: 94
    Options
    i have fruit bowl in the morning if im especially hungry ill add a multigrain frozen waffle and 2 tsp of peanut butter.
  • ericaquin
    ericaquin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is filling and a staple in my diet. I always have eggs in the house for my kids and I needed to get rid of some Aunt Hattie's light bread (90 cals for 2 slices together) so I have been doing 2 egg whites fried up using pam spray on toast using the bread. And I always have honey nut cheerios on hand for when there is nothing in the house.
  • badgirllaughing
    badgirllaughing Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My favorite is what I called my tortilla egg wrap. I scramble 2 eggs and cook in a thin layer. Then 2 small tortilla wraps (I used Dempster's Body Wise) and cut the eggs in half (should resemble a large thin crepe). Then put a layer of whatever you want (I like mustard but you can use Salsa or ketchup or even cheese as long as you add it to your calorie count). Take half the egg crepe and put on the tortilla and make it to fit (nothing overhanging) then roll it together. It will resemble the egg burrito at McDonalds except its much healthier for you. Calories = 150 + condiment used. Gives me tons of energy first thing in the morning and I can eat two !!
  • tiffchris
    Options
    I have a 4-year old so I'm always running late in the morning. I found this smoothie in a magazine. It's quick and easy to make and I can drink it while I'm driving to work. It comes to about 400 calories. It has cereal in so it fills me up.
    4 strawberries (fresh or frozen)
    4-5 icecubes
    1 banana
    1 cup skim milk
    1 cup special K cereal (any kind -I use red berries)
    Mix everything but cereal in a blender until desired consistency. Then add cereal and blend for 1 minute. Enjoy!!
  • churchsinger
    Options
    I just recently tried Egg Beaters "Better 'n Eggs" and found out that they taste good. I gently scramble them and have them
    on top of a slice of whole wheat toast and have 8 oz. of orange juice. A breakfast that has eggs seems to stay with me
    longer than cereal, and the Egg Beaters have no cholestrol.
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I like to eat this for breakfast:
    2 egg whites (either scrambled or I hard boil 2 eggs and just eat the white)
    2 pieces of Nature's Own Light wheat toast
    2 morningstar veggie breakfast sausage links.

I use this with the WW system, so it is a 3 point breakfast. My diary says it is 197 cals, 4 grams of fat.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Quick, easy and filling...

1 Thomas Better Start Light english muffin (100 calories)
    1.5 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter (143 calories)

Total: 243 calories and keeps me full until lunch :smile:
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I also eat oatmeal (plain quick oats type) and add 1/4 tsp. of vanilla and somewhere between 1/2 and 1 whole tsp of brown sugar. This may sound bad but it's about 165 calories and has less sugar than my honey nut cheerios and most lightly sweet cereals. It's pretty tasty!
    I also sometimes eat some plain yogurt and add some blueberries, which are delicious and low calorie (in my opinion).
  • VicWiggers
    Options
    Loving all the suggestions, thank you!

Gong food shopping today so I am going to buy a few things and try them out and see what I am hapy with!

Vic xx
  • vampwix
    vampwix Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @bethrs

Wow, that oatmeal sounds really good! I might have to try that tomorrow!!
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    1. Scrambled egg whites w/ 1 egg, 2 slices of turkey bacon in a WW low carb tortilla wrap, coffee
    2. Protein smoothies
    3. packet of high fiber oatmeal w/ a scoop of protein powder, dried cranberries and a few bits of sliced almonds
    4. Balance bar w/32 ozs water

Most of these meals are less than 350 calories and can be made in a few minutes.

HTH,
    Michelle
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Plain or Greek yogurt with no added sugar and the fresh fruit of your choice.

Oatmeal with fresh fruit

One make-ahead breakfast for the week: lube a 6-muffin tin with light cooking spray. Lightly saute 2 cups of your favorite veggies, chopped small. In a bowl, beat a dozen egg whites. Distribute egg whites and veggies evenly; bake at 350 until fully cooked (5-10 minutes.) Let rest 2 minutes and remove from pan. If you put muffin liners in first, you have an omelet you can eat with your hands. Refrigerate until you're ready to eat them. To reheat, microwave for 30-60 seconds. (If you like them with cheese, now is a good time.
  • scotch74
    scotch74 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I find egg beaters very filling. 1/2 c egg beaters, fresh mushrooms sauteed with garlic, 1/4 c of fresh salsa and then a piece of high fiber bread with spray butter. 60+20+30+50=160 this is a great breakfast low in calories. I find the added vegetable (mushroom) is low in calories but helps keep me fuller than w/o the egg beaters.

I also like 100 cal whole wheat english muffin, 1 tbsp peanut butter and 1/2 a granny smith apple. I toast the muffin so the peanut butter will easily melt into the crevices and then I slice the apple thinly. I eat this as 2 separate open face sandwiches.

1 c cherrios with c of frozen blueberries and 1/2c of skim milk

100 cal whole wheat bread wrap, 1 morningstar farm tomato basil burger, 1/2 slice of 50 cal swiss cheese and some lettuce.

1/2can of chocolate slim fast, 1 c of frozen blueberrie or blackberries with ice & water blended for a smoothie
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options

I use this with the WW system, so it is a 3 point breakfast. My diary says it is 197 cals, 4 grams of fat.

Oh Jessica! You just made my life way better. I love you for that! :love:
  • Notenispal
    Notenispal Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I keep it simple in the mornings during the week. 1 cup 2% milk w/ 3/4 cup of Special K (I like the fruit and yogurt) Total: 244 cals.
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    This morning I had a cup (6 oz) of WW raspberry yogurt with 1/2 cup of Fiber One cereal mixed in.

Yoplait smoothies are good too, low calorie, and pretty cheap at Costco.
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options

Oh Jessica! You just made my life way better. I love you for that! :love:

:laugh: Glad I could help! :bigsmile:
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    This morning i had 3 egg whites cooked with a pinch of onion and green pepper, put it on two slices of sara lee 45 cal/slice toast, a tablespoon of salsa and had a mexican style egg sandwich.. under 200 cals and filling due to the protein in the eggs. Sometimes I will add a banana to the meal (not the sandwich) if I am still hungry, or have it an hour or so later to keep me full. It is fast, easy, and very tasty :)