Need help on not eating so much junk food!

Options
please any suggestions to curb my cravings?

Replies

• SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Try new foods, and try not to keep the "junk" in the house. What are you craving, exactly? If you're looking for a salty replacement, try a handful of nuts. If you're looking for something sweet, get yourself some fruit. You can even make yourself a smoothie. Try some granola as a snack. Buy new dips and dip veggies in there - hummus is amazing. Just try new foods in general, give yourself something exciting to do. Are you interested in Mexican food? Try more Mexican food! And so forth. Keep occupied, try newer, healthier alternatives, and eventually your tastes will change. You just have to give it some time and honestly put some effort into resisting temptation for a little while.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Don't keep it around, throw it away. Make sure all your food money goes towards healthy things so you'll pretty much have no choice but to eat healthy things. The cravings will go away & your taste buds will adjust the more you start eating better. Junk food has a way of over-stimulating your taste buds and your sense of hunger in an unnatural way.
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Don't keep it around, throw it away. Make sure all your food money goes towards healthy things so you'll pretty much have no choice but to eat healthy things. The cravings will go away & your taste buds will adjust the more you start eating better. Junk food has a way of over-stimulating your taste buds and your sense of hunger in an unnatural way.

That pretty much sums it up. I don't keep any in the house. I also make sure that I log everything. I have learned that I'm hungry shortly after eating junk food, so I'd honestly rather eat something healthier that keeps me feeling satisfied longer.

If you crave chips, try to substitute crackers made with whole grains and add a measured amount of low fat cheese or nuts. You can feel like you are snacking--but still be getting some good protein and fiber. If you crave ice cream, substitute a controlled portion of frozen yogurt.