How to adjust to being single?

Options
2»

Replies

• hoosieral
    Options
    As a man commenting on your question, I have but one question? Why would you take such sh..! Get rid of that loser and take the time to make yourself happy as a single person before you even consider another relationship. When you get lonely, think of the ration of crap that loser was giving you. Think enough of yourself to make YOU Happy !
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    o crap- ur only 23?
    ok.. loud music, dance and shopping. In no particular order. And go to school for something!! Learn something new :)

Already a psychology student and trying to teach myself violin ha ha.

Walk over to the Engineering School! Trust me. :-)
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    You can find a local group through Meetup.com (or other web sources) that does lots of activities. You can look into whether any local churches have singles groups or hunt around for groups that are into health in your area. Basically, you won't feel alone if you develop friendships. If the depression is a big issue, I would get with a doctor and see what sorts of holistic treatments may help you (like fish oils or vitamin supplements). Basically, you need to make sure that is dealt with. If the depression is because of the last marriage - time to get yourself over that funk and get involved in your community. If you do that, join a group of some sort, you'll enjoy being by yourself.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    o crap- ur only 23?
    ok.. loud music, dance and shopping. In no particular order. And go to school for something!! Learn something new :)

Already a psychology student and trying to teach myself violin ha ha.

Walk over to the Engineering School! Trust me. :-)

I'm too stupid for engineering 0_0
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    You can find a local group through Meetup.com (or other web sources) that does lots of activities. You can look into whether any local churches have singles groups or hunt around for groups that are into health in your area. Basically, you won't feel alone if you develop friendships. If the depression is a big issue, I would get with a doctor and see what sorts of holistic treatments may help you (like fish oils or vitamin supplements). Basically, you need to make sure that is dealt with. If the depression is because of the last marriage - time to get yourself over that funk and get involved in your community. If you do that, join a group of some sort, you'll enjoy being by yourself.

I think this is exactly the advice I needed. I'll have a little ask around and see if I can find any groups.
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I meant there's tons of guys! Pick up new hobbies, use exercise to keep you busy, call friends, make new friends.. Rtc.
  • Tyrone_S
    Tyrone_S Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me how awesome single life can be? Talk sense in to me? =(

Single life is awesome. I got out of a bad relationship a few months back and have felt great. I see my best mates all the time, I can workout properly and I can sit on my *kitten* as play xbox for an entire day if I feel like it.

Suggest that one, you set yourself some goals so that you have something to keep yourself focused. And two, try to hang out with your girls a bit, go out to bars and have some fun.