Hi I'm a newbie

Options
:flowerforyou: Just wanted to say Hi to everyone and hope that your progress is going as well as mine. About 5 months ago I found out I have hypotyhroidism.....blah no mojo. So now that I'm medicated and on a diet and fitness program I am feeling fantastic and shedding pounds. I have lost 50lbs, 40 of it was before I joined a fitness club and I also now have a personal trainer....best thing I've ever done for myself....it is a lifestyle change. I have about 95-100lbs to go before I hit my goal...I'm looking forward to speaking with people that are going through this change themselves.:happy:

Replies

• tizachary
    Options
    It's hard work but as they say "anything worth having is...." Good luck, I haven't really done the whole friending thing but feel free to add me! I've found a lot of inspiration from just observing but hope to make some friends here who will support & enjoy being supported. I feel different this time around & I'm glad I found MFP. I think it's really gonna make a difference! :smile:
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have a friend of mine who has always been successful in the past when she wanted to lose weight. She is now very heavy and it turns out she also had a thyroid problem. She just got on medication 3 wks ago. I really hope it helps her to find the right track back to fit, as she is on heart medication and cholesterol medication due to her excessive weight now.
    5 mos ago I tried to motivate her to get with me on this an lose weight with me as she did in the past.. thing is, I started losing and she did not.. then she found out about the thyroid problem.. I really hope the meds help her like they helped you. With a normal thyroid she can and will lose weight. I am sure of it.
  • Balsam1951
    Options
    I found out I am diabetic type 2, it got me on the ball with watching what I eat, and getting on here. The best thing I could have done. I've lost 18 lbs so far and have logged in for 75 straight days. Your doing awesome this site is another tool to help you on your path to good health.