Should I drink Water?

Options
2»

Replies

• T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    It seems like you are phishing for an answer. I said sodium and lack of water because those are the usual causes, NOT too much water as you indicated in your original post. Other reasons could be hormones, or heart or kidney problems. But most likely it's something stupid like time of the month and your making a big deal of nothing.
  • UpsideMeagan
    UpsideMeagan Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    It seems like you are phishing for an answer. I said sodium and lack of water because those are the usual causes, NOT too much water as you indicated in your original post. Other reasons could be hormones, or heart or kidney problems. But most likely it's something stupid like time of the month and your making a big deal of nothing.

This. It sounds like you're doing things correctly, so go to a doctor and have it checked out if you're really concerned.
  • endlesoul
    endlesoul Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Also during certain times of the month women have hormonal issues and water retention can be a problem. Maybe keep a record of when the retention seems to happen that way you can figure out if it is hormonal.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I drink water continously throughout the day.. But there are days I do have to gulp down 4 cups just to catch up when I am busy. I do notice though after dinner I drink the most water to keep the hunger at bay. (I am a late night snacker!)
  • GreyEyes21
    GreyEyes21 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Also during certain times of the month women have hormonal issues and water retention can be a problem. Maybe keep a record of when the retention seems to happen that way you can figure out if it is hormonal.

Thanks :) Thats a great idea! I think I'm gonna do this starting now!
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    @opuntia -I dont really have time to drink small amounts at a time but I will try.

It literally takes a couple of seconds to drink a cup of water. Much less time than it takes to post on these forums! :-)

I'm on here at night and I dont like drinking late because I weigh in the morning.

Well, you decide your priorities. If the number on the scale is more important to you than finding ways not to feel bloated, then that is a limitation created by yourself. But if you think you're literally so busy that you don't have time to do something that takes a couple of seconds, and which can easily be done while doing other things, then you are managing your time very badly.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    When you say you 'Feel like you're retaining water'
    What exactly do you mean?

Even after peeing A LOT I feel heavy, my stomach feels large and heavy as well. It just started happening about a week ago. Nothing diet related or exercise related has changed. I'm wondering if I am lacking anything or if there is anything I can drink or take to get rid of excess water... not like a diet pill, but like some sort of tea? electrolites was a good suggestion, but all i know that has that is sugar?

Firstly, is it TOM? And if it isnt you can get pills (diuretic) to help you flush the water out.
  • GreyEyes21
    Options
    @opuntia -I dont really have time to drink small amounts at a time but I will try.

It literally takes a couple of seconds to drink a cup of water. Much less time than it takes to post on these forums! :-)

I'm on here at night and I dont like drinking late because I weigh in the morning.

Well, you decide your priorities. If the number on the scale is more important to you than finding ways not to feel bloated, then that is a limitation created by yourself. But if you think you're literally so busy that you don't have time to do something that takes a couple of seconds, and which can easily be done while doing other things, then you are managing your time very badly.

Um. I said that I would try to make time to drink water durring the day in lower amounts... so I dont know what you are talking about. and the number on the scale has nothing to do with it. I measure by tape measurements mostly, and pictures, and BF% but thanks.
  • GreyEyes21
    Options

Even after peeing A LOT I feel heavy, my stomach feels large and heavy as well. It just started happening about a week ago. Nothing diet related or exercise related has changed. I'm wondering if I am lacking anything or if there is anything I can drink or take to get rid of excess water... not like a diet pill, but like some sort of tea? electrolites was a good suggestion, but all i know that has that is sugar?

Firstly, is it TOM? And if it isnt you can get pills (diuretic) to help you flush the water out.

No its not TOM. But maybe its soon? Im irregular so I never know when. :/ so like exlax? maybe I'll try that. I just dont want the icky feeling in my tummy anymore :( lol I'll give it some time before taking the diuretic. Maybe Ill start my TOM tomorrow or something.
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Try herbal tea which contains fennel, its a natural diuretic. I retain water because of poor circulation(that's what my doc reckons) so if I'm particularly bloated, fennel tea sorts me out!
  • GreyEyes21
    Options
    Try herbal tea which contains fennel, its a natural diuretic. I retain water because of poor circulation(that's what my doc reckons) so if I'm particularly bloated, fennel tea sorts me out!

Awesome!! I'll drink some tomorrow!
  • CaseRat
    CaseRat Posts: 377 Member
    Options

No its not TOM. But maybe its soon? Im irregular so I never know when. :/ so like exlax? maybe I'll try that. I just dont want the icky feeling in my tummy anymore :( lol I'll give it some time before taking the diuretic. Maybe Ill start my TOM tomorrow or something.

Doesn't sound like wate retention to me...
    As a few have said, herbal tea might help. Try drinking more water.
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options

Awesome!! I'll drink some tomorrow!
    Just don't drink it in the evening! First time I drank it was in the evening and I woke up about times that night to go to the loo!
  • Jester522
    Jester522 Posts: 392
    Options
    From my understanding, you drink more water to get rid of water. So if you feel you are retaining water, drink more water. Your body could be retaining water for reasons besides sodium intake.

Yup - the remedy is counter to what you think it would be.
  • RHA26
    RHA26 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could try keeping a bottle of water with you throughout the day to sip instead of drinking it all in one go? And try drinking green tea? it always works for me :)