Since weight loss takes time..

Options
Hello!

Since as we all know, weight loss is a long process.. I am just curious as to how long it took you to see results after you started your weight loss? It has almost been 2 months and i haven't really seen drastic changes, my pants fit better and my clothes are looser but i was just curious as to how long it took all of you?

Replies

• angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I actually saw results in my first week. I lost 7 pounds in the first 7 days. I was very over weight though and not healthy at all. I went from eating anywhere from 5K calories to 10K calories on top of drinking 4-5 redbulls a day down to no redbull or pop at all and 1200 calories. I really think it was a huge shock to my system. I'm on my 9th month with almost 82 pounds down now.
  • emileesgram
    emileesgram Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    It has taken me 9 months to lose 35 lbs, even though the weight came off slowly I believe I will be able to keep it off. I think I really started to notice after 20 lbs (5 months) came off and I went from a size 14 to an 8 Good luck!
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP for two months too and I have lost 7 lbs. When I was younger I would lose 2 lbs a week on a 1200 calorie diet. Even at 60 I could count on 6lbs a month. So the rate of weight loss has been disappointing but I am starting to notice a difference. As you say, pants a little looser. Also I had put the last pounds I gained on my belly....since I am small busted it made for a lovely profile. Little breast bumps, the more protruding belly....well that has gone or at least does not stick out more than my boobs anymore. A few people have noticed that I've lost weight too so that was gratifying. I take my encouragement anywhere I can get it.
  • GaPeachRealtor
    Options
    10 pounds for me in the first month. I've been really following my measurements too..
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I've lost only 2lbs in about 6 weeks, but I've been wearing suits 2 sizes smaller than before, pants that I couldn't wear 4 weeks ago are now loose. I'm also benching over 200lbs now and curling 80lbs. My weight hasn't changed much, but my fitness level has! Remember, the scale is a lying *kitten*!
  • tankbug
    tankbug Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Since Aug 9th (a little over 2 months ago) I've lost 17 lbs. My calorie goal is to stay under 1460 calories. I'm so excited & still motivated & pray for continued motivation & strength. Thank you, Lord!
    Lida ;)
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Mine has been pretty minimal since I really just started (and ALREADY got off track, gezz). In the first few days I went down 4 pounds, but I was REALLY strict about my intake and then I'd workout for like 2 hours. So, I don't think that is the best way either.. since if you do it that way you risk gaining it back just as fast. Just have to find your happy medium! :)
  • GomesDavid
    Options
    Hello!

Since as we all know, weight loss is a long process.. I am just curious as to how long it took you to see results after you started your weight loss? It has almost been 2 months and i haven't really seen drastic changes, my pants fit better and my clothes are looser but i was just curious as to how long it took all of you?

Yup!!The largest reduction in weight occurs during the first week or two of your weight-loss program. However, most of the weight loss that occurs early is water weight. You can easily lose 1 to 3 lbs. of water weight during a single hike on a hot, humid day. The first few weeks of your weight-loss program should be devoted to learning new behaviors--eating less and exercising more. However, by just eating 500 fewer calories a day, you should reach a 1 lb. per week weight-reduction goal. If you expend 500 calories a day through exercise, you should be able to double your results:)
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    1 month and one week in and lost 24 pounds! yea!!
  • diligentjosh
    Options
    It is easier for fat people (like me) to see results faster than more slender people (like you), because it is harder for you to burn it off. If I exert the same amount of effort as you, measured by physical force, I will burn more calories because I am fatter, and it takes my body more energy to keep up with you. So just bust *kitten* in the gym and you should do it.
  • diligentjosh
    Options
    Guy above me.....exhibit A
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    very true!