How long does it take to notice a difference?

Options
124»

Replies

• emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much you have to lose. Someone needing to lose 100 pounds probably wouldn't notice a 5 pound loss but someone needing to lose 15 pounds who loses 5 pounds might.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    It took about three months for me to notes something. Three months was about 20 pounds.

This is long term.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    It's always about 3 weeks in that I start to notice tone and muscle. From then on it's probably every 2 weeks that I see improvements. I am lucky though, because my weight loss is always steady, so the scale drops every week :)
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    The beginning is often atypical. Some people lose extra because they are highly motivated and their bodies are "shocked", and others have trouble getting going (figuring out what works for them, learning to record accurately, etc.).
    Generally it's about 10% of your starting weight before people close to you notice. You and some observant people may see a difference sooner. People who know you less well or who are worried about saying anything wrong will take longer to see or say anything.
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I am not expecting a difference yet. I am just scared that I won't loose anything because I have been unsuccessful before. I am keeping a food and exercise diary. Do you have any suggestions on what else I should be doing?

I can offer a few tips =)

1) Don't let one trip up get you down. Pick yourself up from the next meal on, or if it's a day thing the day after. The important part is picking yourself up
    2) As already mentioned try not to drink your calories
    3) Take measurements as well as weighing. Some times you may find you aren't losing anything, but check those inches!
    4) Make sure you are active everyday. Now this doesn't need to be 7 days of intense workouts! A few days of those can be just walking for 30mins - an hour.
    5) Don't expect it to drop fast. We don't gain weight over night which means we can't lose it over night either. So don't be disheartened if it's not going quite as fast as you would like.
    6) For those days you have a work out planned but don't feel like doing it, tell yourself "Just 15 minutes. Just 15 minutes and if I still don't feel like doing it I'll stop" Can almost guarantee you wont want to stop with the adrenaline rush.
    7) Keep an old outfit to try on along the way. I was shocked when I tried on an old pair of jeans, they literally dropped right off me onto the floor.
    awesome tips ,thanks for sharing
  • Michellereducf
    Michellereducf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. Depends on diet and exercise but usually within a couple of weeks you should notice a change. Remember you will have ups and downs and that is OK!

Lose/Losing (1 "O"-sorry pet peeve of mine)
  • 18ishunter
    18ishunter Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started 1 month ago and lost 10 lbs and many inches
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I started two months ago and it probably took about 1-2 months before I noticed a difference. I had started exercise in October so I looked a lot toner however my clothes still felt the same. In November I lost 5 pounds so I noticed a huge difference in my clothes this month.

Just want to add that I didn't weight myself for a month in october (which felt like torture) so I couldn't be sure that it was working for me. I just made sure I stuck to my calories and if there were any days I messed up I forgot about it and moved on.
  • BrookeBQ
    BrookeBQ Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    It took me three weeks. I felt terrible for the first week. But now, I feel great, and have lost about 7 pounds :)
  • Amb_er100
    Options
    I started 3 days ago as well. I feel happier and full of energy. Maybe it's just my mind but...

IT'S ONLY THE BEGINNING.DON'T WANT TO LET YOU DOWN OR SOMETHING JUST WANNA WARN YOU.This is my 8th week on diet and at the beginning you really feel full of energy and positive and so on after few weeks it's gonna start the real challenge so keep your self motivated if you wana see results that DON'T COME EASILY AFTER ONLY 3 DAYS IT TAKES CONSTANCE but after a couple of months you're gonna start being satisfied i guess :)