Thank you everyone! :)
  • Nerdphiliac
    Nerdphiliac Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I am just NOW seeing my spare tire flatten a little lol. I'm doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. She's tough, but she knows how to make you drop the fat :)
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    You can look it up on Youtube to get an idea of what workouts to do. All of her ab exercises are great!
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    What sort of excercises/diet do you follow? Mine always falters because I snack on food (which is low-fat, believe it or not). :O

Walk, walk, walk. Lift weights. Don't eat all of those "low-fat" "diet" foods. Track what you eat on this site and learn portion control. Most "diet" foods aren't that good for you.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I got myself down to a size 14 & 185 lbs (which at 5'10" is just about ideal). The same area is a problem for me too, which as I refer to as "the kids" LOL. The one thing that really helped me was this thing:

product-377vertical_knee_gvkr60_thumb_zpsb6c61c33.jpg

At first I could do like 2-3, over time I was able to do 50 easily. I really saw progress & even felt comfortable wearing my belly button out :wink:

Academy Sports has them for $120, and many gyms have them as well. Hope this helps.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the comments and advice everyone!! :D They're brilliant ideas. :)

Although, I'm a little uneducated on a few of these tips... I'm still new to this community. ^^
    I'm sorry if I seem to be a pest, but I have a few questions:

- What is a calorie deficit?
    - What does a clean diet consist of?
    - What is a body fat percentage?

If you could help me, your assistance would be much appreciated.
    Thank you so much once again. :)

@BusyLady404: Yes! That is so true! :') I can feel/see the muscles developing and I'm fairly flat, but they just won't tone. :( Contrasting, I can see and feel my more toned upper abs. :/

Calorie deficit is just basically a diet. Calories Burned (all day, not just from exercise) - Calories Consumed = Deficit (if it's a negative number).

"Clean" refers to a manner of eat where you eat only fresh, whole foods, fruit, veggies, meat, etc. Nothing from a box, no fast food, I'm not even sure if bread or pasta are "clean". I do NOT believe this is necessary for success.

Body Fat percentage is just the percent of your total body weight that is fat. (Fat/Everything else)*100. You are already pretty small and I'd guess your body fat percentage is already in the low 20s. You might have to go down to 15% or 17% to see those abs. That can be really hard. I think women NEED at least 14% to be healthy (I could be wrong on the number). When you drop that low your face can get hollow, your veins all start to show, hip bones and color bones can stick out, your arms start looking like Madonna etc. Some people just don't like it.

I know a lot of people are suggesting a bunch of ab workouts. All these will do is continue to build strength in your abs, but won't remove the fat overlying them. You only really need to work abs about once a week if you do compound heavy lifting.
  • Nerdphiliac
    Nerdphiliac Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone!!! :'D

Busylady, you are my new favourite fitness person. <3
    Thank you for your help, you've been so helpful with everything! :)