Eek! way over calories tonight!

Options
I've been actively using MFP to monitor my food intake. I've also been working out more frequently. I have lost several pounds within the first few weeks and have been thrilled. However, my husband and I went out to dinner. I was so good all day and then made a big mistake. I ordered a piece of cheesecake (normal size, not huge). Well, I just learned it was over 1000 calories!
I am so upset, as I usually weigh in tomorrow and feel all of my efforts this week could have been ruined.
Avoid cheesecake!!!

Replies

• j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I don't think that one piece of cheesecake is going to hurt your efforts. While watching the biggest loser they said on there they give their contestants a "cheat" meal also. The best of luck.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I feel your pain! We went out to dinner, I had a salad and did pretty good with the blue cheese balsamic on it. However, I had a pint of beer and some tator tots with ranch and some hummus on pita bread. I worked out today so its not too bad, but yesterday I didn't work out and went over too. I don't weigh until this coming Friday but still. I HAVE to be good the rest of the weekend and week. NO GOING OVER AT ALL!

We can do it!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    You would have to eat 3.5 peices of CC to gain one actual pound of fat.

I went over by 152 calories today. It's Saturday...you'll be fine.
  • jcompton3821
    Options
    I went over today too!!! Must be something about Saturdays!!!
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Don't feel so bad. 3500 calories equals 1lb, so if you didn't eat that many calories you should be fine.
    I am still in awe how many calories are in a piece of cheesecake I am staying far far away from that. :)
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    MFP calculates your daily deficit so you'll meet your weekly goals. Did you enter a 2lb per week goal? If so you have a 1000 calorie deficit built in. That means that your cheese cake just negated weight loss for the day. No gain. No huge setback...

Today was just a "break even" day :):smile:

You're doing GREAT and this is just part of how it's going to work!:flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,001 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Whenever you fall down, don't forget to pick something up. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: You learned a valuable lesson today. :bigsmile:
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Don't stress about it too much. I did the same thing yesterday & went over but I got up this morning & went for my workout. I just thought it's a new day to get it right. I stayed under my count today & I feel much better. Just pick back up tomorrow!
  • bvanam
    bvanam Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    No worries...someone else mentioned that Biggest Loser gives their contestants a "cheat meal" each week and I know that Body for Life (or Fit for Life...not sure which one) has a free DAY every week during which you can eat whatever you want all day!!! (I know this because I have a friend whom has lost 40 pounds and kept it off for several years on the plan.) I truly believe you need to shake it up every so often to keep your metabolism from adjusting to the lower caloric intake and slowing down. I try to pick one meal/event a week for which I don't count calories. For example, we're going to a friend's house to watch the cowboy's game tomorrow. It is so difficult to estimate the calories in everything and I don't want to offend the other people by not eating or at least tasting their food. I figure that will be my meal to boost my metabolism for the week.
  • Romba
    Romba Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Eh, just learn from it. Cheesecake is SOOOO good, but SOOOO high in fat lol. You'll be fine. I drank beer last night and blew my calorie intake...but I still worked out today and I'm not drinking tonight. Once in awhile, you should have something you want so you do not go into re-lapse. Dont deprive yourself of everything or it will never work. You're gonna be fine!!
  • queensara2478
    Options
    Don't ruin a nice evening by stressing about calories!!! We all deserve a break and once a week wont hurt your efforts. I have a "cheat" day once a week (sometimes twice) and I've managed to lose weight every week. Through my process to change my lifestyle I've learned that stressing too much about what we eat every day causes a lot of anxiety for me. I know that sometimes I'm going to fall off the ladder as any human does but I'll just pick myself up and start over the next day! When you go out for dinner don't stress, it's nice to treat yourself! Have a great weekend!
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Wow guys thanks a lot. I went way over today and was planning to work out but sprained my ankle it hurts so bad. Even in pain I though about doing it anyway! I am glad I read this about the cheesecake. I feel better mine was dinner rolls at Texas Roadhouse. %$#$ these resturants LOL!!! Thanks a lot it's true normally without MFP I would quit. Today would be the day I said Oh well I am just a fatty can't say no to bread might as well give up. But luky for me I have found MFP and you guys have reminded me tomorrow is another day!!!