Doggy work out partner!

Options
How many ppl's dog's are there work out partners? M dog Ruby is a very good reason to go for a walk or go to the beach. :heart:

Replies

• FearlessRobb
    FearlessRobb Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    How many ppl's dog's are there work out partners? M dog Ruby is a very good reason to go for a walk or go to the beach. :heart:

Lmao just letting you know some guys might think that title means something else.
  • Naomilette
    Options
    Well it would still count as a work out lol, didn't think of that when i wrote it.
  • MarlinWil
    MarlinWil Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Our older dog, Jessie, is 7 this month, and she runs with me and my daughters (one on her bike, the other in the jogging pram) a fair bit. We just got a puppy, too - Fernie. Both dogs are active breeds, and need daily runs.

Lucky we live at the beach, and have a wonderful bike path next to our place that takes us to a wonderful range of activities - beach, local park, another park a little further away next to the other side of our tidal lake, etc.

If I miss a day outside then they miss a day. They have wonderful ways of letting me know about their disappointment! I don't disappoint them often, that's for sure - SO not worth it. Plus, I hate when they are stuck in the yard - we got them because they are perfect for our lifestyle and our lifestyle is perfect for them. Fernie is already showing herself to be a great endurance runner, and is great on the lead (and off it, too - she never runs away!)

Wil
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options

Lmao just letting you know some guys might think that title means something else.

Some girls, too. *whistles innocently*

My pit will be my running partner again as soon as she's recovered from surgery.
  • FearlessRobb
    FearlessRobb Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Well it would still count as a work out lol, didn't think of that when i wrote it.

to bad girls around here didnt need that type of exercise LMAO
  • Naomilette
    Options
    You guys are dirty! lol to bad I am to!

@vitarawil That's good! My dog is a working dog on a farm but when she's home i have to give her lot's of walks and she likes the treadmill she jumps on the back when i go on it. I also live near the beach so we go for runs when the weather is good.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I took my mum's little terrier for a run a few weeks ago... about 2.5 miles and he was so tired he slept the rest of the day!
    Make sure to pick something long-leggedy to run with XD
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I just have the imaginary one that Myfinesspal.com makes me take with me when I walk at 3mph on level ground
  • Lilmisscutestuff
    Options
    Haha I love the title of this, quality :D xx
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Oh, you meant a canine! Never mind! :blushing:
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    My border collie/shepherd was until she bumped me while running and I fell trying to avoid her. :p
  • lundii
    lundii Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    haha, my first thought was like yours... :tongue:

But seriously... I have a dog as well and she is a good reason to go out walking.
    But she has to do something to raise her fitness... she is slower than I am. ;)
  • Cinny91
    Cinny91 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My golden retriever has been walking with me since she was a puppy. She's 11 now and very fit. During the winter she used to pack on some added weight but since I've gotten serious about my walking this summer, she's toned up. Last month the vet commented on how slender she looks and I wanted to yell at him. "what about me?" :tongue:
  • Naomilette
    Options
    I find if i don't take Ruby (Kelpie x Rottie) on her walk she get really fat really fast and then gets up to know good. The longest walk i have taken her on is a 4hr walk and she was still up for the beach and going running, but she is only 3 years old.
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Our 3 year old cocker loves to walk with us. It's very good for her as she had a severe back energy and without the exercise he loses strength quickly. She's lost some weight since we got on MFP and looks very trim now.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    My poor pup is too old for walks nowadays... major arthritis. She's fine to lay around lazy all day though. She still brings me smiles!

BUT I am a dog walker, so I have MANY doggy work out partners :)