help with calories burned

Options
Today at work we received two semi loads of furniture, I spent 7 hours moving , unpackaging and building furniture. I am sore and exhausted as this is definately not a regular thing. I have no idea how to record the calories burned. I must of moved a lot because I wear a pedometer and it says I've done over 14000 steps already and burned almost 600 calories. Any ideas anyone....

Replies

• dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Options
    Today at work we received two semi loads of furniture, I spent 7 hours moving , unpackaging and building furniture. I am sore and exhausted as this is definately not a regular thing. I have no idea how to record the calories burned. I must of moved a lot because I wear a pedometer and it says I've done over 14000 steps already and burned almost 600 calories. Any ideas anyone....
  • jvball21
    jvball21 Posts: 33
    Options
    dawn66
    Try this site http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/activities/2.html, on the left side of the page, click on HOME ACTIVITIES and scroll down to MOVING FURNITURE and click on it. This should give you some idea of what you could possibly be burning off. Look around the site for other things that might fall into the category of what you where doing. Judging by the amount of cals you can burn moving furniture it looks like you had yourself one heck of a workout today.
  • dawn66
    Options
    oh my goodness.... Just checked out that site and it says that you can burn 420 calories per hour moving furniture , boxes etc.... So im thinking that even if I deducted two hours for lets just say looking at the funiture, having a drink of water, answering the phone etc. , that would still be 2100 calories burned. That just seems like so much, what do you think? Im definatly not going to feel bad having two helpings of dinner tonight.....:drinker: :drinker:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I believe there is a calorie count for moving furniture in this site. You would have to look in the exercise database but I am sure of it. I used it awhile back when I moved things around.
  • dawn66
    Options
    thanks , I checked that one also, and they came within 27 calories....