Opinion?

Options
I've been hanging around MFP for about 280 days now. My weightloss effort has gone up and down. The important thing for me isn't I haven't completely given in. Realistically I haven't lost any weight since June/July, which is disappointing. However, life happens and I've maintained. This is something I've never really done before.

I've been feeling particularly down about myself lately and struggle to see anything that I actually like (much to my fiance's annoyance). I've joined a challenge that's starting very soon so in some ways this is my new "before pic".

This is a comparison between December last year and today. What do you think? This is an outfit I'm planning to wear next weekend and I wanted to see how it looked. I will obviously have hair and makeup down for the event. (Hopefully I'll be smiling too!)

decembertooctober.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

The things I'm conscious of are my arms and that I look "bottom heavy".

Replies

• PNJB796
    PNJB796 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    From a bloke's point of view I see very little to turn from. I think you are being over self-critical. Go with your boyfriend's view of you and be pleased he is a discerning man.
  • jadeaudrey
    jadeaudrey Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You look SMOKIN!!!!!!! What's this bottom heavy business? And your arms? You look fabulous! Go out and rock that outfit, cause you look amazing! Woot wooooooo
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Love the dress but my opinion is the hat is whats making you look "bottom heavy", no offense but it gives you a pinhead look. Find one that is a bit wider at the brim
  • frogz21
    frogz21 Posts: 314
    Options
    The dress suits you, but that hat is just hideous, no offense.
  • iwillgetthere72
    Options
    I'm v new here so hope I'm not going to get flamed for giving my opinion! You look beautiful in the dress, the colours are lovely, and the neckline is really flattering. However, the small hat is always a mistake if you "feel" big - a larger brimmed hat would totally offset your "bottom heavy" feeling and put everything in proportion. Vx
  • Kai85
    Kai85 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Seems general consensus is dress is ok. Hat is terrible. It's actually a fascinator. I'm not sure if that makes a difference?
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Had to look up fascinator lol , I'm no fashion expert but I think it would look good with a pencil skirt or a suit type dress.
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    not trying to sound like a professional but, I'm an image consultant. The dress is Fabulous!! you look great and it doesn't make you look bottom heavy. All the designs are in the right places. Vertical lines to make you look slimmer and the attention is around the waist where you are smallest and your bust which is always flattering with frills.
    The clutch is great matching with the dress, the only thing with the fascinator is that the colour is a little bland and washes you out a little. If you are wanting to keep the fascinator make sure you where a bright beautiful colour lippy ;)

With hair and make up you will look wonderful
  • Kai85
    Kai85 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Thatsngreat feedback. I'm definitely not very fashion forward. The dress was an effort to get! The first shopmassistant picked the most ridiculous dresses and I may have ended up in tears. I just felt so horrible about myself. I haven't had that feeling of feeling that bad in a dressing room in forever. I just felt like I'd made no progress all year and was really disappointed with myself.

The second person actually picked dresses that were better suited for me. I'm still feeling a bit shaky from the effects of the first dresses though and my confidence has taken a hit.

I'll keep looking for hats/fascinators. Well see how I go.