• Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Sounds like bulimia to me.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    http://www.theholykale.com/2011/11/intestinal-cleanse-part-i-salt-flush/

It basically cleanses out your stomach and bowels from all of the build up over the years. It won't clean out everything as there would be a lot of build up, but I can tell you that as my day progressed, there was a lot of weird looking stuff leaving my body LOL

ooooooooh

I'm weary of all these cleanses things, I have IBS I think this would be an extremely bad idea for me lol I spend my whole time trying to regulate my diet so as not to have any 'flushes' lol

On another note though...I would worry about such a high level of salt intake...1 tablespoon 3-5 times a week seems extremely high (even if it is only temporary) I doubt any Dr would recommend this....especially for people who are overweight or have a heart condition......it's a little worrying really.

Actually, having something like IBS and like me, crohns disease is a good reason TO DO a salt flush..

Ridding your system of toxins will build energy, while enabling the body to heal itself. This is especially good for people who suffer chronic illness such as Crohn's Disease. It is important to understand that salt water flushes are not meant as a cure for any illness. What these flushes do is allow the system to heal itself using the natural built in body mechanisms. Salt water cleanses enable the digestive system to rest and recuperate from years of abuse.

Your intestional track gets a "shower" if you will... washes away all the "crap" no pun.. ;)
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options

You have absolutly NO idea what bulimia is, do you?

Bulimia nervosa is an eating disorder characterized by binge eating and purging, or consuming a large amount of food in a short amount of time followed by an attempt to rid oneself of the food consumed (purging), typically by vomiting, taking a laxative or diuretic, and/or excessive exercise.

there is none of that going on....
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options

Bulimia nervosa is an eating disorder characterized by binge eating and purging, or consuming a large amount of food in a short amount of time followed by an attempt to rid oneself of the food consumed (purging), typically by vomiting, taking a laxative or diuretic, and/or excessive exercise.

Well said :flowerforyou:
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options

I agree...I can't think of any reason a bulimic would do this. As a person who suffered with it for more than fifteen years, the only thing I can figure is that the salt will help you throw up. :D
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options

I agree...I can't think of any reason a bulimic would do this. As a person who suffered with it for more than fifteen years, the only thing I can figure is that the salt will help you throw up. :D
    Some people with bulimia use laxatives to purge too. Not suggesting OP is bulimic.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I won't be doing it regularly, by the end of the day the waste I was expelling was nearly clear so I think it has done it's job.

tumblr_m2neswOWzP1qz52aeo1_500.png

spongebob.jpg
  • noregrets1978
    noregrets1978 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of the salt flush. I do think a colon cleanse can be good for someone who truly has buildup or has had trouble with constipation. After the cleanse, the best way to stay "cleaned out" would be a clean diet full of fibrous foods with little or no preservatives. Tosca Reno has several books around clean eating and that lifestyle has helped me lose 70 pounds :)
  • Alsha1999
    Alsha1999 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have done it due to chronic constipation even while on a clean diet and it works within 30-60 minutes, but stay close to the bathroom. It doesn't always work if I am depleted of salt. I use the pink salt and order it.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Once you're rid of all your toxins, be sure to head to your barber for a leech treatment to get rid of the bad blood and restore balance to your humors. After that you can relax with a stein of meed.
  • sarahlucydaynes26
    Options
    You can clean your body out whilst eating fresh / healthy / natural foods..

Bulimia is on another level which I am trying to get in focus right now so to hear something like this is not really a healthy way of a ` healthy ` lifestyle change?

It is literally a detox? X
  • giogioitaly
    giogioitaly Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Helloooooo

What is a Salt Flush
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I did use organic pink salt, it has to be a specific type of salt otherwise it is just bad for you. Apparently, from what I have read, it helps with IBS, I don't have IBS though so I can't comment either way on that.
    It's like having a colonic basically.
    It is NOT a form of weightloss, merely a every now and then way to clean your colon of all of the waste that has stuck to the walls of the colon over the years.
    I won't be doing it regularly, by the end of the day the waste I was expelling was nearly clear so I think it has done it's job. I think I will do it once every few months.

The flush doesn't absorb into the body, about half an hour to 2 hours after drinking the water it will ALL come out. It's a flush. It's all in the type and amount of salt that is used that makes it so effective.

100% pure psuedo-scientific quackery

Waste does not "stick to the walls" of your colon (unless you have some very specific medical conditions that lead to impaction) & anything you ingest will be absorbed by your body.........
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I did my first salt flush this morning, has anyone else ever done a salt flush before? Any stories successful or unsuccessful would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers.

No, there is no need for us to "flush" our bowels. Most of us came well-equipped at birth to do that on our own without effort.
  • aforange
    aforange Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Once you're rid of all your toxins, be sure to head to your barber for a leech treatment to get rid of the bad blood and restore balance to your humors. After that you can relax with a stein of meed.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    best "flush" threat on the internet.

Ever.

http://singletrackworld.com/2009/02/the-picolax-thread-returns/
  • mreffle
    mreffle Posts: 45 Member
    Options

:laugh: :drinker:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Ingesting large amounts of salt water isn't generally very smart. Neither is flushing out your colon. The bacteria there and there to do a job...
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I would never do this type of cleanse without consulting a Doctor first. Just saying
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Ingesting large amounts of salt water isn't generally very smart. Neither is flushing out your colon. The bacteria there and there to do a job...

^^ My thoughts exactly