What do you do to ease stress??

Options
Hi..I just would like to know what YOU do to ease stress…I have been pretty stressed and emotional but I am NOT going in to why I am like that nobody needs to know.
Things that I do to ease my stress:

1. Walk (getting slowly back to running, I used to be a swim star/track star back in High School)
2. Do things with my daughter
3. Computer time
4. Try and talk to someone

Also I need support and motivation please feel free to add me as a friend.

Thanks
~Nikkie~

Replies

• markholmes31
    markholmes31 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    sex lol
  • HogSandwich
    HogSandwich Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    howdy :)

I have an anxiety disorder, so I've tried a whooole lot of stuff in regards to controlling stress. The big ones that really help are:

1. Cut back on caffeine! An overstimulated brain hits the stress point far sooner.
    2. Yoga. Restorative yoga, if you can find it. Most standard (vinyasa) yoga will wind down with a meditation, which really helps.
    3. Don't have TV/radio on. If you've got a chance to have a quiet moment, do it.
    4. If you're feeling really overwhelmed, lie on your back on the floor and count your breaths in and out.

Hope that helps!
  • HogSandwich
    HogSandwich Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    sex lol

as silly as this post is, it's also quite hugely true.
  • VickyJo68
    VickyJo68 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    sex lol

Except when your sick? :laugh:
  • markholmes31
    markholmes31 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    sex lol

Except when your sick? :laugh:
    i know
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Work out.
    That's about it.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    sleep and eat chocolate!!!!
  • Imanido
    Imanido Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    -Some music to lift your mood and dance for a while, or just put your earphones and go for a brisk walk.
    -A really exciting book that you get to treat yourself, it is an amazing way of "escaping" reality, I just dive in the book and I get lost, I forget about everything.
    -Another (a bit more costly way) go shopping even if it is "only" window shopping, try some nice clothes, shoes...
    -A nice warm bath, with some aromatherapy oils, nice smelling candles, etc would work sometimes ( a nice treat for yourself). -Swimming used to work for me too, you come out really refreshed.

(Specially get away from the kitchen and try to find a different way to make yourself "feel special" without resourting to emotional eating)
  • lauraatkinson85
    lauraatkinson85 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I try to:

1) do an exercise class
    2) read a book in the bath
    3) listen to my favourite song/album until I've calmed down

or try number 1) followed by 2) and 3)
  • Mabuhay1
    Mabuhay1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    sleep and eat chocolate!!!!

Yes these 2 two do wonders for me too plus of course retail therapy!

Cheers
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Bike...when I first started I use to listen to headphones when I'd ride but now I just focus on the task at hand and I find it quite therapeutic.
  • Tina180130
    Tina180130 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Meditate whilst listening to soothing music. I love to workout too, it releases a lot of pent up energy. Most of all try and think positively.....there is always someone worst off...if that helps.