eating baddd today

Options
I feel really bad because after eating perfectly for a week and a half, today
(a snow day for my college in TX) I had a brownies with whipped cream and ice cream, 2 slices pizza, and beer!

now i am scared that i ruined it all and i wont loose weight this week! oh and i didnt get to work out at the campus gym because the buses were canceled. so in short, i feel terrible. im going to do cardio for 60 minutes tomorrow, but since im trying to loose 1lb a week, i hope i didnt ruin my 1lb loss this week.

has anyone else ruined one of their days as bad as i just did, and still lost their weight for the week?

Replies

• goodtimesdani
    Options
    I feel really bad because after eating perfectly for a week and a half, today
    (a snow day for my college in TX) I had a brownies with whipped cream and ice cream, 2 slices pizza, and beer!

now i am scared that i ruined it all and i wont loose weight this week! oh and i didnt get to work out at the campus gym because the buses were canceled. so in short, i feel terrible. im going to do cardio for 60 minutes tomorrow, but since im trying to loose 1lb a week, i hope i didnt ruin my 1lb loss this week.

has anyone else ruined one of their days as bad as i just did, and still lost their weight for the week?
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I did too:blushing:

It wasn't a snow day but I splurged today. I will be back at it tomorrow though.

Don't worry about it to much. Pick up where you left off tommorow.
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    splurging every now and then keeps me sane.
    tomorrow, I'm going to dinner at my favorite restaurant and getting baked oysters and a steak. and i can't wait.

Just remind yourself that you are working at something and if you have a minor setback every now and then, your progress will always outshine it and you'll still lose.

sometimes after i splurge, i lose more weight on weeks where i eat perfectly, it just depends.
    don't sweat it. (unless you're at the gym)
  • cammom
    cammom Posts: 9
    Options
    Yeah...I finished off the Samoas. 4 of them! But now they are gone and I'll be back on track tomorrow. It happens to the best of us. ;-)
  • MiaEllie
    MiaEllie Posts: 84
    Options
    I splurged today as well! On top of my regular meals I just ate:

*Nachos with black beans, melted cheese, sour cream, chives, and salsa.
    *15 beer battered french fries
    *16 oz pint of espresso stout

I did, however, get in a workout and burned 650 cals. but I still don't think it'll cover all the junk!:grumble:
  • goodtimesdani
    Options
    oohhhhhh beer battered fries sound so good right now!
  • adelespears
    Options
    Snow day!? You're up north, huh? I'm around Austin and all we got was rain, rain and cooooold wind. I would have killed for snow. My friend goes to college in Denton, and he said it was snowing like crazy over there. Lucky...
  • goodtimesdani
    Options
    yeah! it was insane! everyone was saying that they had never seen anything like that in the state of TX in there life. yeah im in denton too! my best friend is in austin and i forgot to ask her if they got any snow. even places 30 minutes from here werent getting as much snow as us... weird.
  • adelespears
    Options
    ugh! I want snow so bad! haha, but tomorrow is the first day of my spring break, so I'm going south. I'd love to go north instead!
  • squankish
    squankish Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    hey I'm in Denton too and the snow definitely made me want to eat more. something about being inside and it being cold outside...

oh and don't worry. everyone splurges. don't get discouraged; just pick up where you left off tomorrow and maybe do a few extra sit-ups to make yourself feel better.
  • jpketz
    jpketz Posts: 73
    Options
    Progress not perfection!
  • goodtimesdani
    Options
    thats crazy! someone else in denton on MFP! do you go to UNT? yeah, sit ups would make me feel better, unfortunately, I had too much beer for that :tongue:
  • squankish
    squankish Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    yeah I go to UNT, but maybe not next semester
    and yes- sit-ups are sometimes a no-go if you feel too full haha throwing up is not fun
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Oh, don't feel so bad, we all do it!!! And to answer your question, I have been losing one pound a week since I started here. And that is with 1 or 2 "cheat" days a week!! Well, more like cheat meals not entire cheat days... I just make sure I don't fall off the wagon daily and continue to log in my meals and doing my workouts. Today I went over by close to 500 calories!!! And pizza did it for me too!!! Tomorrow is another day! :happy: