Plateau season

Options
It's the time of year where weight loss becomes harder. Our body will naturally start to store energy(fat) for the "long cold season" ahead. Since we are animals there is nothing we can really do about it. Stay focused, don't get all upset if you hit a plateau personally when I hit a plateau first thing to come to mind is AWESOME I put on some lean muscle and my skin gets to catch up with my weight loss. ... Stay focused and don't give up !!!

Replies

• RoxannWilliams97
    RoxannWilliams97 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been on a plateau for about two weeks, really getting aggrivated. Thanks for the motivation.
  • avalentineb
    avalentineb Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've never heard this. I would have thought evolution and indoor heating would rid us of this, but maybe not! Good point about having time for your skin to catch up, this saggy feeling is getting old!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I actually have had my best weight loss during winter. You just have to pay extra attention to how you eat because being cold will make you hungrier.
  • lookoutblorgons
    Options
    ...this is of course assuming you live in the Northern Hemisphere.
  • kaiteboo
    kaiteboo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Not everything about cold winters is bad for your weight loss! Cold weather can actually speed up your metabolism, because your body has to use more energy to regulate your temp. Most people just tend to be less active in the winter, and eat poorly around the holidays. So as long as you stick to your regular exercise and continue to be active, the cold weather may actually help :)