Face Fat

Options
Since I started my regime I have lost 32lbs and I'm down to 13st 3 with still another 10lbs to go but even though the rest of my body is trimming up quite nicely I still have a fat face and double chin. I don't look 13st 3 due to this.

Earlier on during my weight loss I found that I didn't really shift weight from my belly so concentrated on exercise that really worked that area but what can I do about my fat face and double chin? Is there anything out there that can really help me lose fat is this specific area?

Replies

• Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. I know. Mind blowing.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. I know. Mind blowing.
    True story. You just have to keep reducing fat and hope it comes off where you want it to. If you had success losing your belly fat, it's because your body was just ready to lose it there.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I have never been over weight ( in need of tone, but not over weight) and always had a double chin :'-( Since being on here I have lost 15 pounds that I didn't necessarily need to lose and still have a double chin. If you find a secret, please let me know. Good luck!
  • looseal
    looseal Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Getting old will get rid of face fat. The only thing you can do to get rid of a double chin once you are at your goal weight is plastic surgery.
  • zclark13
    zclark13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this very thing. My cheeks have thinned considerably, but that soft, flabby wobble right under my jawbone drives me CRAZY! Unfortunately, when I look at both of my parents and my maternal grandmother and pictures of the rest of my family...I see the exact same thing. I"m not sure it's really going to go anywhere :ohwell:

I know you can't spot reduce, but you can tone your muscles so they aren't flabby in addition to the fat. Not sure what to do about that area though.
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Can't purposely lose fat from one certain area of your body unfortunately. My face was the first area I saw a loss from but it varies from person to person. You just have to keep eating healthy and working out regularly and the fat will come off where it wants to.. but it will eventually come off every part of your body. Keep it up!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    I have had much success by doing this:

Exercises for Double Chin
    Everyone can correct the form and size of their chin by doing facial exercises. The secret of these exercises is that they strengthen the muscles, lift the skin and reduce under-chin fat. When you do these exercises regularly, that is once or twice daily, you can feel the first results after two weeks. And here are the exercises:
    • Sit down straight. Tilt your head back. Pull down the neck skin with your hand collarbone-high and keep holding so while you are exercising. Then pull your lower jaw forward and press your lips together. Hold in this position for 2 seconds. Then release for another two seconds and repeat again. Make 30 repetitions daily. You will feel the neck muscles and skin stretching. One doing this exercise looks like a fish in an aquarium.
    • Lie on your back with straight legs and hands on the floor near your thighs. Press your chin to your chest and hold in this position for 2 seconds. Then slowly tilt your head back, then again slowly press your chin to you chest. Make 25 repetitions.
    • Lie on your back with straight legs and hands on the floor near your thighs. Lift your head up, so that your chin is the highest point of the head, hold it for 2 seconds, then slowly release and lay your head down. Make 30 repetitions. You should feel your neck skin stretch.

IN ADDITION:
    I also have made it a priority to rid my diet of High Fructose Corn Syrup ( just my opinion, but felt that as long as I had products withOUT it, I'd opt to banish it from my lips).......and my hubby- who wasn't *dieting*- ALSO began losing belly fat/facial chub......
    so that's my testimony:
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I have had much success by doing this:

Exercises for Double Chin
    Everyone can correct the form and size of their chin by doing facial exercises. The secret of these exercises is that they strengthen the muscles, lift the skin and reduce under-chin fat. When you do these exercises regularly, that is once or twice daily, you can feel the first results after two weeks. And here are the exercises:
    • Sit down straight. Tilt your head back. Pull down the neck skin with your hand collarbone-high and keep holding so while you are exercising. Then pull your lower jaw forward and press your lips together. Hold in this position for 2 seconds. Then release for another two seconds and repeat again. Make 30 repetitions daily. You will feel the neck muscles and skin stretching. One doing this exercise looks like a fish in an aquarium.
    • Lie on your back with straight legs and hands on the floor near your thighs. Press your chin to your chest and hold in this position for 2 seconds. Then slowly tilt your head back, then again slowly press your chin to you chest. Make 25 repetitions.
    • Lie on your back with straight legs and hands on the floor near your thighs. Lift your head up, so that your chin is the highest point of the head, hold it for 2 seconds, then slowly release and lay your head down. Make 30 repetitions. You should feel your neck skin stretch.

Nice copy/paste. :smile: You can target muscles for strengthening, but unfortunately you still can't decide where you lose fat. It won't necessarily come off from the place that you are working a particular muscle.