Lost my first 20lb

Options
Today i woke up 20lb lighter then i was when i first started MFP. I was very happy because i worked very hard, my friends motivating me, and i slimmed down a lot , Also getting smaller pants this week. Now i really want to hear from people who have lost 20lb+ what did you do next to lose more?

Replies

• Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, I just lost my first 22 as well, now I'm working on my "last" 28. I'm too waiting to hear from those who have successfully done it.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! keep up the great work!
  • fitmom_pam1976
    fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I have also reached the 20 lbs mark and it feels GREAT!!! Looking forward to the next 20 lbs! :)
  • mispotatohead
    mispotatohead Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Get rid of any clothes that are too big. Don't store them away, don't save them just in case....get rid of them! I lost 30 pounds several times then grew right back into those clothes that were waiting for me.

The last time I lost I donated them...they are gone. Bought new clothes - that fit - and when they get a tad snug I know it's time to start weighing and measuring again.

As far as the next 20...slow and sure. You didn't put it on over night it won't come off overnight. Change your bad habits and replace them with new better ones.

Obviously, whatever you've been doing is working - keep on doing it!
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    consistency and patience :)
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    after i loss the first 20 i stepped up my training and tried stuff inside the gym and outside the gym that i couldnt do when i was 20lbs heavier.

15 more lbs and i am going to buy a motorcycle and go skydiving, something i couldnt do at my heaviest weight
  • fitmom_pam1976
    fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Get rid of any clothes that are too big. Don't store them away, don't save them just in case....get rid of them! I lost 30 pounds several times then grew right back into those clothes that were waiting for me.

The last time I lost I donated them...they are gone. Bought new clothes - that fit - and when they get a tad snug I know it's time to start weighing and measuring again.

As far as the next 20...slow and sure. You didn't put it on over night it won't come off overnight. Change your bad habits and replace them with new better ones.

Obviously, whatever you've been doing is working - keep on doing it!

That is GREAt advice about the clothes!!! I need to get rid of all my old jeans!! Thanks for sharing! :)
  • cbendorf13
    cbendorf13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I feel similar to Mispotatohead. I would add don't let a few off days convince you that you are done!! Keep in mind you are working for a healthier you!! I started wearing clothes that made me feel better about my body change. Sometimes it is hard to think about the new you as you.

24277835.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mblewis13
    Options
    Great job! Take a look at the Success Stories message board. What great stories and motivation to be seen there. This is a great community of people making their lives better, just like you!
  • Nerdphiliac
    Nerdphiliac Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! :D
    I really want to loss 10lb fast...
    If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take to lose 20lb?
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! After my first 20 lbs, to be honest, I just carried on! (I had also raised my calories up form the generic 1200 by this point.)
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i have just lost my 20, and i have 7 more until i hit my ultimate goal weight. gonna have to get some new clothes all mine are falling off lol. just keep motivated and good things will happen
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    great job :happy:

20 pounds is no small feat. if you have more to lose then set your next goal and shoot for it. whenever you discouraged just think back to the 20 pounds you lost already!
  • RubySinclair
    RubySinclair Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    after i loss the first 20 i stepped up my training and tried stuff inside the gym and outside the gym that i couldnt do when i was 20lbs heavier.

15 more lbs and i am going to buy a motorcycle and go skydiving, something i couldnt do at my heaviest weight

^This. One of my main motivations is to be able to ride on the back of a bike again. At over 200 lbs. I was too embarrassed to even think about it. (have my own license, but for some reason I have always preferred being a passenger.. I think I learned too late in life)
  • AishaL1
    AishaL1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That is Awesome! Congratulations!
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    (What worked for me)
    Cut back on UNhealthy carbs, prcessed foods, switched out sugar for stevia, increased water intake, and I try to do at least 30 mins of cardio per day
    Congrats on your loss! Best of Luck! :smile:
  • nils27
    nils27 Posts: 13
    Options
    Keep doing what you are doing. Maybe make a small change in your workouts or if you are eating the same foods mix it up a little. I have found that when I get into a routine that is working (like eating the same foods) your body get used to it so a small change wakes up your body and kicks it back into gear. Hope that makes sense. Continued success. :flowerforyou:
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Today i woke up 20lb lighter then i was when i first started MFP. I was very happy because i worked very hard, my friends motivating me, and i slimmed down a lot , Also getting smaller pants this week. Now i really want to hear from people who have lost 20lb+ what did you do next to lose more?

awesome job :drinker: wahoo feels great huh!?!?!?
    i myself am down 25#'s now on 13wks on mfp! lost 3 just b4 so down 28 total.. (most ever at once) ive never lost more then 20#'s in one incriment.. (weight watchers... TWICE)... so it feels good and freeing.. I have 40+ more to go.. and I feel im going to do the same as the first 25#'s (on mfp) that ive lost.. however I am going to bump up my strenght training classes (weights) to burn more inches/gain muscle.. i do lots of cardio already w/walkin my dog.. and im slowly jogging more and more...
    so basically exercise harder/more then I already do and try to clean eat when I can but its a lifestyle not deprivation.. I track daily and mfp is a great great tool :happy:
  • tracygary
    Options
    That's Awesome!!
    I know realistically you can't take it all off right away, so, can anyone tell me how long 20 might take on average?
    Or what you feel is a realistic loss per wk? I have been consistent for bout 36 days now, lost about 10 lbs so far but just am not feeling it! Am I even making any sense? lol
    Can someone post what some healthy carbs vs. not so healthy would be, I am a carb addict and know it does not help! Thanks.
  • katebigue
    katebigue Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25 pounds so far. I've started to step up my workourts. Now I'm at the point I could and want to loose more but working on tonning in areas I've lost. I've kept my self around people who have been postive too. And mind you I've also been smoke free for 11 months so I'me struggling with that and the weight loss together. I just remind my self I'me doing this for me and my daughter and no one else.