Opinions-whats the 'idea' weight for a woman of 5ft 10

As subject asks, I am looking for different opinions of YOUR 'ideal' weight at this height

Replies

• Well, I'm 5'11 and currently 169 and a size 8. I'm pretty happy here, but to say its the ideal weight for the height is pretty tough. It entirely depends on your body comp. My aunt, for example, is the same height and weight and a size 14. If you're fit and happy and can maintain, I'd say its an ideal weight :)
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Same height, currently 173 lb, 175 lb in my profile pic and aiming for 168 lb. Uk size 12 (US 8) and not aiming to get too much smaller. I do a lot of strength training, so look lighter than my weight.
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    My body is very happy at 180... and I look like a hottie mama at 170. Even at these weights, my hipbones won't fit into anything smaller than a size 12US.

I think it really depends on your frame size, though.
    I have a friend who has a lot more slight bone structure and she's happier around 140. I, on the other hand, apparently have "good birthing hips".

:)
  • JuliesS82
    JuliesS82 Posts: 14 Member
    I'm 5'10 and 150.
    BF% is about 20%.

I've been as low as 120- that was hard to maintain and I didn't feel very good.

I'm going to stick between 145-150, I'm a size 6-8 and feel stronger than I ever have.
  • krisdev67
    krisdev67 Posts: 11 Member
    I'm 5'10 and my goal weight is between 160-170, no more than 175! However even when I was 185 it looked great on me. I have a "big bootie" and a very small waist. Think Selena or JLo. Anyway I'm currently 205 and I'm working towards a much smaller me! GL!
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    i am foot almost 5 foot 11. i am 178 lbs. aprox 20% bodyfat!!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    I'm 5'9". I really liked my body at 130-135lbs.
  • sheep_dog
    sheep_dog Posts: 82 Member
    I wouldn't ask about an idea weight, but rather and idea BF% for your height. Or at least include BF% into your question, as it is literally such a big difference.

There are pictures floating around this site of girls at like 105 lbs, and the same girl at 115 lbs after lowering her body fat and gaining muscle (which is where the weight comes from). Not only do they look better, and are healthier, they actually LOOK SMALLER!

So best of luck =).
  • elizawe
    elizawe Posts: 54 Member
    I'm always interested in what other women my height are weighing in at too. I'm 5'10 and just weighed in today at 159. I've been as low as 126 (when I was 16) and as high as 181. I look my best between 145-150. It just depends on your body frame and where you hold weight. I hold mine in my hips and stomach and look like an old mercury thermometer if I don't eat right and exercise.

What is your goal?
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    I'm 5'9", and I really like the way I look right now at 147. I have been as low as 140, but looked too thin. I'm at about 22% body fat right now, and would like to get down to 20. I don't even weigh myself all that often anymore...just do my strength training and wait for the next body fat test :)
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Im currently 132. I am very happy where i am, and I will most likely gain weight the more I lift.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    weight is subjective... you can be 5 10 and weight 175 with 30% body fat and you can be 5 10 weigh 175 and have 15% body fat...
  • I'm 5'10" currently 152, goal is 145 which I changed from 150
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    As subject asks, I am looking for different opinions of YOUR 'ideal' weight at this height
    Go by look and not weight.
  • I'm 6'1" and my ideal body weight is about 150-155, generally a size 2-4. I'm small boned even though I am very tall. My cholesterol is generally above 200 when my weight is over 160.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    www.cordianet.com/calculator.htm

Based either on height, or desired bodyfat level.
  • www.cordianet.com/calculator.htm

This is the first time I've ever seen a site that estimated my TDEE to be over 2000 cals.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    www.cordianet.com/calculator.htm

This is the first time I've ever seen a site that estimated my TDEE to be over 2000 cals.

And, if you are using the left side, they don't know your current weight, so TDEE is based on goal weight.
    Current weight TDEE would be higher.

Perhaps you are thinking of the BMR calcs, which is much lower than TDEE. BMR is just calories burned sleeping deeply. TDEE is all your burning through the day.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    I'm 5'11" and am shooting for 175 as my goal weight, but will reevaluate when I get to that point to see if I want to go lower or not.
  • www.cordianet.com/calculator.htm

And, if you are using the left side, they don't know your current weight, so TDEE is based on goal weight.
    Current weight TDEE would be higher.

Perhaps you are thinking of the BMR calcs, which is much lower than TDEE. BMR is just calories burned sleeping deeply. TDEE is all your burning through the day.

I see what you're saying.
    No, my BMR (at current weight) is around 1350 but most sites calculate my TDEE to be between 1600-1800.
    Even if it's based off goal weight, it's still higher than what I've been told. Its much more encouraging this way.