"How's the diet going?" ugh! does this bother anyone

Options
I mean, I'm glad people notice the changes, but I get really irked when folks ask how the diet is going, like it's a temporary thing. I want to correct them and tell them it's not a DIET it's a lifestyle change.
I'm not going back to that old life anymore!

<mini rant over>

Cheers

Replies

• kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I just tell people I'm trying to eat better and leave it at that. Let them draw their own conclusions.
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    It's been a year since I met goal and I still get asked how are things going...am I still keeping track....how are my workouts.....blah blah blah blah.... and let not forget the ones who are waiting to see if I keep it off... blah blah blah

so yes it bothers me but I'm happy that I can just nod and walk away.
  • LiqueLique89
    LiqueLique89 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I want to correct them and tell them it's not a DIET it's a lifestyle change.

^ I completely agree...i have had a few friends and family members say "Oh looks like your DIET is working" and i simply reply "My DIET is a permanent change, and yes it is working." I've come to think of the word "diet" as another word for what i eat/ my eating habits not something i'm doing....too bad they're not able to see that
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I want to correct them and tell them it's not a DIET it's a lifestyle change.

^ I completely agree...i have had a few friends and family members say "Oh looks like your DIET is working" and i simply reply "My DIET is a permanent change, and yes it is working." I've come to think of the word "diet" as another word for what i eat/ my eating habits not something i'm doing....too bad they're not able to see that

^^ Exactly! The reason it works is because it's not a "diet." It's a change in your diet and exercise habits. :)