Drank my Calories away...

Options
I planned on going out last night so I tried to keep my calories low during the day to make up for the ones I knew I was going to drink. Well, I think I kept them too low! I ended up going WAY over on my cals anyway and now I feel so gross. What's worse is that I went over on my sugar by almost triple...ugh. I need something healthy to calm my stomach but feel to sick to eat. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    Options
    I've been sick the past couple days.

and the only food that doesn't make me feel sick is cereal, specially wheatabix.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Maybe just some saltines or a piece of dry toast is what I usually go for. Then I am starving late in the afternoon and wanna eat so bad....so try to avoid that! :)
  • shanli
    shanli Posts: 19
    Options
    Sounds like I need to get some 'dry carbs' like toast or crackers in my stomach. Thanks ladies!!
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Options
    From a purely diet perspective, alcohol is murder. After all, alcohol is just a form of sugar.

Now, that being said. This only helps for future reference, sorry no help for the moment. Drinking on an empty stomach... bad news, it only amplifies the alcohol uptake. What I had found in my youth is that the BEST solution to limit the alcohol uptake is to eat a peanut butter sandwich (with a liberal dose of peanut butter) before going out. The stomach works on digesting the peanut butter and "ignores" the alcohol to some extent.
  • shanli
    shanli Posts: 19
    Options
    From a purely diet perspective, alcohol is murder. After all, alcohol is just a form of sugar.

Now, that being said. This only helps for future reference, sorry no help for the moment. Drinking on an empty stomach... bad news, it only amplifies the alcohol uptake. What I had found in my youth is that the BEST solution to limit the alcohol uptake is to eat a peanut butter sandwich (with a liberal dose of peanut butter) before going out. The stomach works on digesting the peanut butter and "ignores" the alcohol to some extent.
    I guess I murdered myself last night. :) I usually try to stay away from alcohol solely for that reason. But I will remember the peanut butter sandwich!
  • knottylibrarian
    Options
    I did this last weekend and felt horrible the next day! I forced myself to work out anyway--it felt horrible and I wanted to die but once I showered I realized the hangover was gone! I had sweat out all the toxins!