CILANTRO! >:( YUCK!

Options

Replies

• kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    My husband says it tastes like mildew smells.

But I like it.
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Apparently the cilantro tasting like soap thing is genetic. I'm in the soap family too.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/14/dining/14curious.html?_r=0

^^This. I hate the stuff with a passion. It is probably one of the most horrid tastes I can imagine. It tastes and smells offensive. I really don't consider it food. :noway:
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I don't belong here... mmmm cilantro
  • anna473
    anna473 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Erk Coriander!! Hate it with a passion. I hate how every modern cooking program ends each recipe with a huge handful of coriander. No!!
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm very fond of it but I have a friend that says it tastes like a petroleum product to him. If it tasted like that to me I'd hate it too!
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    How the hell do you make Pico de Gallo with out cilantro? confused.gif
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cilantro. I love it so much I ask for extra of it on things. I really like roast beef, swiss cheese and cilantro sammiches. Mmmm.

I'll even eat it raw.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Yay!!! My peeps!! I'm home. I HAAATTTEEE cilantro. I really believe I have an allergy to it. When I smell it, my throat gets itchy.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I grow a huge veggie garden. One year, we decided to make homemade salsa and can it. Followed the recipe to a T. Yuck..something was really OFF. Yep..turned out, it was the cilantro. Ewwww. Gave away all the jars we made.

Now i leave it out of our salsa and it's fabulous.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i love the stuff but have a good friend who is like you. for him it seems like its almost on a visceral level. maybe its a genetic thing?
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Im from India....i dont think that Cilantro is generally just chomped on...its usually mixed with something else...or chewed with something else...i havent ever just snacked on a sprig of Cilantro....its like grabbing a raw cabbage leaf and chomping it...edible, but not really meant to be eaten like that. Its not 'delicious' tasting...but eaten in Mexican food, Indian food....or made into a paste with other ingredients just adds to the flavor.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize so many people hated cilantro. Dawn dish soap leaf. Yuck. We should make a Cilantro sucks group. LOL.
    i live in Southern California, everything is INFESTED with it!

I have no idea what it is lol
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Never tasted it.....chopped it for a dish once and it smelled like stink bugs....into the trash it went!
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Love cilantro. Couldn't live with out it. Not my favorite herb, but damn close.
  • vvanm
    vvanm Posts: 157
    Options
    I ordered fajitas at a fancy Mexican Restaurant and they tasted like pond scum. That's when I learned about Cilantro! I really thought they had used rotten produce!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    You should return your taste buds. THEY ARE DEFECTIVE! Cilantro is the best God-created thing! I put it on everything.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I use cilantro in my salsa and some soups, I like it.
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Im from India....i dont think that Cilantro is generally just chomped on...its usually mixed with something else...or chewed with something else...i havent ever just snacked on a sprig of Cilantro....its like grabbing a raw cabbage leaf and chomping it...edible, but not really meant to be eaten like that. Its not 'delicious' tasting...but eaten in Mexican food, Indian food....or made into a paste with other ingredients just adds to the flavor.

Exactly, kind of like green onion or something.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    All I can say is Yukkk I hate it
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Bleh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate it