Why am I not losing weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    If that's the case, then there lies the problem: the human body is not meant to assume a chronic deficit for that long.
  • tatihagen
    tatihagen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    "Think of trying to push a car up a hill. If it slips a bit, and you catch it and keep pushing, you haven't lost much. If it slips and you let it slide, you'll have to go back down the hill and start all over again. It's the same in weight loss. Accept the tiny slip and keep on pushing. Why climb the same hill twice?" Please, don't give up, you'll regret it... What comes to my mind is:
    1) Your BMR might have changed, so you'd need less calories per day.
    2) You changed you're exercises, but did you change your net calories intake? Try to increase a bit for a day and them lower it again, like a cheat day or something.
    3) Macronutrients... Maybe, lowering a bit the percentage of carbs and increasing the percentage of protein might help you.
    4) Weighting is not the best way to see the fat loss... Someone said it in this thread before, I think... Muscles weight way much than fats. Check your measurements, not only the scale

Just, don't give up, if you keep going you'll get there sometime.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    If that's the case, then there lies the problem: the human body is not meant to assume a chronic deficit for that long.

This was true for me-- I had to get my body used to eating maintenance again before I could lose weight on a deficit again. It could also just be that your calorie counts are not accurate though, so I'd start there. Weigh and measure everything-- don't estimate.
  • athib
    athib Posts: 1
    Options
    Monday will be two weeks,1200 calories, under every day walking walking always at least 10,000 steps daily. Down from 192 to 189 sat morning. What is wrong, help please
  • Apeck87
    Apeck87 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water?
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    You've lost 11 pounds in 2.5 months. That'd nothing to be ashamed of! The extremely fast weight loss comes when people eat very low calories and don't build muscle. Then they gain it all back as soon as they stop. Eating healthy and exercising causes GRADUAL, HEALTHY weight loss that LASTS. Since you've been working out, odds are you have gained muscle and lost fat. Muscle weighs more, so you've probably lost more fat than you think! Stick with it. The results will come, just be patient. Not everyone drops 20 pounds the first few months of a new diet. Some people's bodies just need more time. Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:

This! When it comes off slowly, I think statistically you have a better chance of keeping it off.
  • agent99oz
    agent99oz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Ok - eat 1200 cals a day for a month, you need to weigh and measure everything - so get some good food scales. Jenny C's is all portion control so if you want to make it work then you gotta weigh and measure

I train 6 days a week - weight training mainly and I eat 1200 cals - yes not for everyone but I had a 7 month plateau which I have broken by doing this - once I am at goal then back to my BMR range of 1460cals a day!

You also add a lot of quick calories - better to break down what those calories are, don't eat back your exercise cals, eat less processed food and drink more water would be my tips
  • Apeck87
    Options
    I am going to start doing this starting tomorrow!!

thank you all for your help!
  • Apeck87
    Options
    I have lost 1.5 pounds since this Monday. Thank you all of your advice, it has worked! I no longer add quick add calories ( just check my diary!! :) ) I think I am over this weight loss plateau!!!
    THANK YOU ALL!!!! :):flowerforyou:
  • elizabeth1212M
    Options
    Your issue sounds similar to mine. I exercise 4-6 days week eat around 1500 calories but I'm down a few up a few. Frustrating. Will go on for months. I do see a difference when I eat yeast free, similar to paleo I will loose like normal people ;). But its not ez to maintain eating this way. But I will loose 2-3 pounds per week. Hope this helps. I'd be interested to know if it works for you too.
  • elizabeth1212M
    Options
    Your issue sounds similar to mine. I exercise 4-6 days week eat around 1500 calories but I'm down a few up a few. Frustrating. Will go on for months. I do see a difference when I eat yeast free, similar to paleo I will loose like normal people ;). But its not ez to maintain eating this way. But I will loose 2-3 pounds per week. I do have hypothyroidism and am taking medicine. But unfortunately medicine doesn't eliminate all side effects. And i have read that this endocrine disorder can slow metabolic up to 20 percent even when on medication. you should have your thyroid checked.hope this helps. I'd be interested to know if one of these works for you too.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Your issue sounds similar to mine. I exercise 4-6 days week eat around 1500 calories but I'm down a few up a few. Frustrating. Will go on for months. I do see a difference when I eat yeast free, similar to paleo I will loose like normal people ;). But its not ez to maintain eating this way. But I will loose 2-3 pounds per week. I do have hypothyroidism and am taking medicine. But unfortunately medicine doesn't eliminate all side effects. And i have read that this endocrine disorder can slow metabolic up to 20 percent even when on medication. you should have your thyroid checked.hope this helps. I'd be interested to know if one of these works for you too.

This is a very old thread. I sincerely doubt the OP will be back.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    This post is two years old. :grumble:
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Inaccurate logging of calories and overestimating of calorie burn

*edit* dang didn't realise how old this post was