Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ready to get healthy, not skinny. Supportive friends needed.

2»

Replies

• Leahbcc
    Leahbcc Posts: 38 Member
    McD's now offers a bunch of other things that don't have as much fat...the oatmeal and salads are very nice. Keep up the good work and I will be in your corner. :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,674 Member
    You can add me!:)
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    McD's now offers a bunch of other things that don't have as much fat...the oatmeal and salads are very nice. Keep up the good work and I will be in your corner. :smile: :flowerforyou:
    The bad news is, I work at a tiny McDonalds, we have no salads, grilled chicken, yogurt or oatmeal. Just the bad stuff. I've just been bringing my own food.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Kudos to you Steph an starting again...don't give up this time. You can do it! I've been on every diet known to man kind (except Atkins) and have yo-yo'd my whole life. At the age of 38 I finally decided I had to once & for all do something serious before i turned 40 and maybe I didn't have a chance.

I did that and lost 35 lbs and kept it off for over 4 years. I did gain 12 lbs back last year due to a lot of life changes, home, state, jobs, pet death, etc. However, I am happy to report I'm now down 10 lbs and have decided to cushion that a little with 3 more pounds, so now I have 5 lbs to go.

I love to exercise: run, walk, skate, bike, hike, dance, martial arts, you name it. I was never "sporty" as a kid but I've learned it all as an adult. I know you can do it too! I am also big on eating vegetables. :smile:

If you want some good motivation & support ..feel free to add me. I am happy to be healthy and finally fit and enjoy helping others get to their goal as well (the healthy way)!!
  • mollz007
    mollz007 Posts: 168 Member
    Good to see you came back.. welcome! Good for you for wanting to lose weight for the right reasons... I am also concerned about health. My husband has diabetes and I am scared of getting it too. Also, my BP is high and my doctor keeps telling me to lose weight. Good for you for committing to losing again.. I know how hard it can be when you work at a food place. I used to work in a bagel shop and I think thats how I first became overweight... lol! I am going to add you.:smile: Good luck!